Author Topic: More Bad Publicity  (Read 19208 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: More Bad Publicity
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2019, 04:18:38 PM »
Some of you are unreal. The fact this kid is HEAD COACH of WOMENS tennis is unbelievable. Typical YSU and Youngstown culture though.

Head coach? Mekawi? I thought he was a team volunteer & a student employee with grounds-keeping as far as I know. He became and intern and that job lasted 1-semester. He is a touring pro for Egypt ... I believe. Also, the punishment followed the guidelines set by the NCAA & TITLE-IX. If the incident needed to be reported to the police ...it was. No one pulled the wool over anyone's eyes.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 04:21:56 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: More Bad Publicity
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2019, 12:20:44 PM »
It has broken nationally. Gatehouse is a national chain and all of the stories have been circulated in those newspapers.  Damage done.  A mistake was made(for whatever reason)  by naming that kid coach/intern. Thats the bottom line, especially in this environment. To rationalize it or excuse it only reflects badly on that person. I dont believe any heads should roll. I am disappointed that the leadership of the university should speak directly to this issue.  To not do so reflects badly on them.  The most important question going forward is to make sure this doesnt happen again by making sure that people are aware of larger issues, the implications of these decisions and have the ability to exercise better judgement.