Author Topic: Women's Basketball  (Read 9813 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Women's Basketball
« on: November 02, 2019, 11:08:55 PM »
Lost some good seniors but still return Dunn, Olson, Peters and Chickwe along with the 2 transfers who sat out last year also going to play a big role. Also much deeper this year with more younger players able to step up and play. Should be a top 5 finish in the conference!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women's Basketball
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 11:09:13 PM »
Open the season Tuesday night!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 11:26:38 PM »
1-0! Chelsea Olson with a TRIPLE DOUBLE! Amazing feat for an amazing player, congrats!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:09:06 AM »
Impressive performance with so many first-time players!  Loved the ball movement and how seven different players hit a 3-point shot.  Kent beat Green Bay in Wisconsin in the WNIT last season, and they basically blew us off the court at their place last year.  Our performance on Saturday will tell us much about the potential of our team this season.

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 03:59:10 PM »
Two of the new girls played great. one was a transfer who sat out last season and the other was injured last year.  Canisius  was double teaming Dunn in the post so she had to hit the open spot up shooter.  They look like they're going to be fun to watch this season.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 06:59:51 PM »
If the freshman keep developing, it could be a fun year. Saturday will be a nice test.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 05:59:15 PM »
Both Mary Dunn and Emma are hurt and out several weeks. Big losses for the ladies.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 11:39:35 PM »
The 14 players on the roster have now been reduced to just 10 healthy bodies.  3 of the 4 that are 6 feet plus are out, leaving only a true freshman to combat the other teams' veteran bigs.  No program can withstand this.  What started as a promising season has now morphed into a development year for the freshmen.  We should be very good again next year; wish I could say the same thing for the football team.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 08:44:11 AM »
The 14 players on the roster have now been reduced to just 10 healthy bodies.  3 of the 4 that are 6 feet plus are out, leaving only a true freshman to combat the other teams' veteran bigs.  No program can withstand this.  What started as a promising season has now morphed into a development year for the freshmen.  We should be very good again next year; wish I could say the same thing for the football team.
Did you go to the game Saturday?  You didn't see enough from freshman, redshirt freshman and returning players thumping the #6 team in the country to have some optomism for next year's FB team?  There isn''t a team in the MVFC that wouldn't be looking to 3-4 years of Houk and Waid.  Reed is the best pass rushing DE I've seen at YSU and a couple years ago we had both DE's drafted in the NFL.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 12:35:28 PM »
Are any of the 6 footers expected to return this season?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 01:51:04 PM »
Chikwe, a rebounding machine, is still suffering from the effects of a concussion and is unlikely to play again.  Backup center, VanZanten, broke a bone in her foot in late November with a 6-8 week expected recovery timetable.  The big loss is all-conference center, Dunn, who had knee surgery after also going down in late November.  Supposedly, she is the nearest to returning.  However, the way Dunn and VanZanten are still walking around the gym with slight limps, I have my doubts either will be able to run the court anytime soon.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 03:34:14 PM »
Credit to the ladies who have hung in there battling while the bigs are out.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 08:44:08 PM »
Chikwe, a rebounding machine, is still suffering from the effects of a concussion and is unlikely to play again.  Backup center, VanZanten, broke a bone in her foot in late November with a 6-8 week expected recovery timetable.  The big loss is all-conference center, Dunn, who had knee surgery after also going down in late November.  Supposedly, she is the nearest to returning.  However, the way Dunn and VanZanten are still walking around the gym with slight limps, I have my doubts either will be able to run the court anytime soon.
Thanks for the update

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 09:28:42 PM »
Just when you thought it could not possibly get any worse.  Last night freshman guard, Petit, left the game early in what looks to be a serious injury.  She would have been a strong candidate for freshman of the year honors.  If healthy, our fourteen players would have been the best team in this league.  Now, our nine players that remain standing are in a battle for survival.  Really is a shame.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 09:54:49 PM »
I was afraid of that when I looked at the box score last night and noticed she only played 12 minutes.  Is Wagner also hurt?