Author Topic: #1 NDSU coming.. Lets Pump it up!!  (Read 27532 times)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
#1 NDSU coming.. Lets Pump it up!!
« on: October 27, 2019, 11:26:18 PM »
#1 NDSU coming to town, I'm not going to post our accolades after our last 2 games, as they have been questionable at best.  We demand excellence!!

We had a great time tailgating with you guys 4 years ago, but can't make it.

YSU and BO will be fired up for this game and will come to play.

what you guys thinking?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: #1 NDSU coming.. Lets Pump it up!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 11:35:05 PM »
Our season ended before November....once again....with humiliation in Carbondale eight days ago.  Few really expect to win another game this season, and many are angry over the bleak future for this program.  You can name your score next Saturday.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 11:46:08 PM »
nice try.  Pelini will have the penquins ready to fight.    cmon now.

Youngstown has pride, lets chat it out my man!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
Lake:
Leaning a bit toward Wick myself. If we do not win out (giving us a total of 3 ranked wins if ILS stays up there), I do not want to go to the post-season. We would just be a lame-duck entry. The best we can finish is #4 in the conference, so it looks like 3 teams from the MVFC this year as there will be a clear distinction if we loose this Saturday. However, it is quite possible that we could make it with 4-losses and I just do not want that. IMO, if you cannot demonstrate any dominance in your conference, you should not be selected to the post-season.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:35:54 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:12:01 PM »
Lake,

The loss at SIU has left a bitter taste with the fans.  Granted we lost to a higher ranked UNI in their garage and had SDSU on the ropes at home until a total meltdown and coaching debacle in the second half.  Our pumpkin schedule at the beginning of the season always gives false hopes to conference play.  We get exposed on the road and have a tendency to blow the big games at home.  We do play the Bison tough though.  Our secondary is vulnerable to say the least and our O line gave up 9 sacks to SIU??  If there are no playoffs this year I see season tix sales dropping like leaves in the fall and pressure on the AD to pull the trigger on Pelini.  We went to the NC on Wolford's players and the last several years have been mediocre at best.  If it comes down to the ISUr game at the end of the season then we have been down that road before and were destroyed 35-0 two years ago.  I don't see it happening this year.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 05:49:00 PM »
Honestly I did not expect much this year. For me, the false hope came from seeing the offense start running a real offense. An offense similar to the previous OC & the players are used to it. The defense had some depth. However, all of the same old stuff just comes back. The offense recruited no backs, so we are playing what were once back-ups. The QB is still injured and it was not until last week that I saw the back-up able to drive the team down-field. Until last week, there was no outside run game . Now we find out that the defense is still weak against the deep pass, the line has no lateral ability. When the do move outside, we get burned by a simple crossing-pattern. We simply have no balance on defense and no power on offense.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 06:17:39 PM »
Definitely hard to get a lot of enthusiasm out of these boards this year Lake Bison... The SIU loss was just such an inexplicable letdown... how does a team go from giving the #3 team in the nation all they can handle to looking like a division 2 program in the span of one week.

I'm most upset by the fact that despite having BOTH Bo and Carl Pelini on the staff our defense manages to give away multiple big plays because players are missing assignments. I can almost guarantee the Bison will have a long pass to a wide open receiver because of blow coverage.

However... I'm actually pretty optimistic about this team. We have the talent to compete with almost anyone in the country, we proved that by being a handful of plays away from beating UNI and SDSU. The issue is just consistency, if this team can put together a complete game it could be a serious challenge for the Bison.

The other aspect of this is that NDSU is coming off of the excitement of a HUGE Dakota marker game featuring ESPN game day. It will be interesting to see if they come out flat simply due to the mental and physical toll such a big game takes. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 07:10:48 PM »
Win and we're in! Not holding my breath tho..

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 07:17:53 PM »
YSU winning is like expecting the Browns to have a game where they have less than 10 penalties

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 07:27:11 PM »

Yes indeed! But between your post and YSU1's about the Browns... expecting YSU to win this week is like expecting the Browns to beat the Patriots  ::)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:29:03 PM by The YO Show »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »

Yes indeed! But between your post and YSU1's about the Browns... expecting YSU to win this week is like expecting the Browns to beat the Patriots  ::)

Stranger things have happened, remember when last year’s team that lost to Butler gave NDSU a scare? No game is a gimme in the MVFC

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 08:11:41 PM »
Fair point Kandrase

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 07:42:30 PM »
Don't get blown out Saturday, win the last 3, and they'll have a chance to make the playoffs.  4 or 5 MVFC teams will probably make the playoffs, if they have a record of at least 8-4.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:14 PM »
Don't get blown out Saturday, win the last 3, and they'll have a chance to make the playoffs.  4 or 5 MVFC teams will probably make the playoffs, if they have a record of at least 8-4.

this is the proper take

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 03:11:50 PM »

this is the proper take

No if we lose Saturday, it would be a team in 4th place (at best) ...having lost to every team above them and another 2 below them (UNI & SIU). Who wants to take that resume to the post-season? Again, let a team from a supposed "lesser" conference get a second-bid. Maybe they have won most all of their conference games.