Author Topic: The Basketball Season Ticket Fraud  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
The Basketball Season Ticket Fraud
« on: October 24, 2019, 03:54:37 PM »
I have purchased season tickets for basketball since 1982, although in recent years I have attended the women's games but just a few men's games.  I bought the total package again this season, somewhat intrigued by the West Virginia game at the Covelli Center.  When my tickets arrived today, I checked to see where my seats would be for that WVU game.  Guess what?  That game was not included in the season ticket package.  I guess you are supposed to pay extra.  Isn't it odd that they neglected to mention that the WVU game would not be included with season ticket purchases BEFORE they took our money.  These idiots are qualified to run a graduate-level seminar with a topic like this: "How to Repel Fans That Are Trying To Support You."

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The Basketball Season Ticket Fraud
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 04:37:17 PM »
I have purchased season tickets for basketball since 1982, although in recent years I have attended the women's games but just a few men's games.  I bought the total package again this season, somewhat intrigued by the West Virginia game at the Covelli Center.  When my tickets arrived today, I checked to see where my seats would be for that WVU game.  Guess what?  That game was not included in the season ticket package.  I guess you are supposed to pay extra.  Isn't it odd that they neglected to mention that the WVU game would not be included with season ticket purchases BEFORE they took our money.  These idiots are qualified to run a graduate-level seminar with a topic like this: "How to Repel Fans That Are Trying To Support You."

Thanks for the info. I still have no ideas how these guys and the parking guys manage to keep their jobs. What so special about the WV game? Butler was a much higher ranking team (eventual national runner up) than WV when we played them. That game was included in the package.
I wonder if the students will be charged for that game (may be parking as well).
Way to go to satisfy you fan base.... or they could run a high school level seminar of "How to piss off you fans with deceptions"

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 05:12:49 PM »
Because it's being played at Covelli and not at YSU, it's considered technically a neutral site so they can't include it in the package for season tickets.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 05:49:54 PM »
Chief,

Years ago we played Hiram at the Covelli Center, and that game was most definitely included in the season ticket package.  I call this fraud because they advertised the West Virginia game as a marquee attraction and then NEGLECTED to tell potential season ticket buyers that the game would not be included in the package.  In the private sector, that action could get you dragged into court.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 05:57:43 PM »
Chief,

Years ago we played Hiram at the Covelli Center, and that game was most definitely included in the season ticket package.  I call this fraud because they advertised the West Virginia game as a marquee attraction and then NEGLECTED to tell potential season ticket buyers that the game would not be included in the package.  In the private sector, that action could get you dragged into court.

I agree it's ridiculous. I think it's obviously because of the type of opponent. Hiram brings nobody so they could include it. WVU will bring more people.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 09:48:06 PM »
Wow.  This game could have been a great opportunity to increase the season ticket base by including it in the season ticket package, but instead they chose not to.  Hard to believe.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 06:23:00 AM »
Wow.  This game could have been a great opportunity to increase the season ticket base by including it in the season ticket package, but instead they chose not to.  Hard to believe.
Do you think that they will increase the price of the ticket and parking of that game to make a few $$$$? They fail to understand that if people don't show up, they will make neither.....

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 07:28:30 AM »
Neutral site games are big revenue. If we wish to be playing with the "big boys", then we need to act like it. I could be mistaken, but I believe that if we took that game and added it to our season package, we would have to pay WVU a portion of our season ticket revenues and associated sales (food, gifts, outside vendor coupons, etc.).

This is not to say that they should not advertise the schedule & maybe even offer some sort of special.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 07:31:42 AM »
I am not "surprised" at the people who thought they would be charged regular price and be included in ticket package. What a group of cheap a$$…….. out of the woodwork fans we have.  The money generated is for YSU.
Get your wallet or credit card out and be true Penguin fans and supporters. Rumor is that this may be the beginning of bringing other power 5 teams in.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 05:16:22 PM »
Pretty simple, YSU doesn't own the facility that is hosting the game.  They will get a cut of the gate and whatever else was negotiated.  Its certainly a win-win for Ytown and the program.  You have to see the forest through the trees...….

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 07:36:05 PM »
I didn't mean to infer that season tickets holders get the game for free, but rather use the game as a marketing tool to increase season ticket sales.  Give season ticket holders a discount on that game, or first dibs on seat selection.  There had to be some way they could have used this game to increase their season ticket sales.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 09:39:19 PM »
Guins4, exactly.  All they had to do was include a check box on the season ticket renewals asking people if they wanted to purchase seats for the WVU game at x dollars.  Certainly they know what the price will be. But no. Let's start with zero tickets sold and compel the season ticket holders to make a separate purchase.  And with the game scheduled for the Saturday before Christmas, how many of those season ticket holders will have better things to do?  And good luck enticing casual fans on the worst weekend of the year for sporting event attendance.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 06:21:45 AM »
Wick, man get with it. Quit being a "negative Nancy". Join in as a true Penguin fan. As an example some season ticket prices for Akron and Kent are in the $40.00 range per game and those fans do not complain.  Our YSU entertainment product is there to follow or not to follow. Your choice. As a sideline the YSU tailgate football group that I am associated with is attending and have bought their WVU/YSU tickets. Yes these football tailgate fans are casual fans but they will not miss this event.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 06:35:18 AM »
Wick man, (negative Nancy) there is no fraud here. Tickets for the YSU/WVU game are being sold by the Covelli Center and by Ticketmaster. The event is being contracted by JAC Enterprises. Future events involving YSU at the Covelli Center are forthcoming.