Author Topic: Fire D'Alesio  (Read 16927 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire D'Alesio
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 10:51:53 PM »
Excluding the WIU game the D has given up 129 point in 3 games. I would say its a problem with personel, coaching, scheme, adjustments and preparation. 

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 04:02:58 PM »
The opposing QB has to choose which open receiver he wants to throw it to......sounds like the DC has. even training them well and effectively

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 04:11:56 PM »
The good thing is the DC has extensive on-the-job training trying to chase down receivers..... So sick of excuses about budget limitations BLAH BLAH BLAH..... This is the best we can do? 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:12:33 PM by goodnews »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 05:11:47 PM »
This is bad real bad. How does a team start off winning their first four games and then go backwards and get worse as the year goes on. No team does that unless they have a slew of injuries. I'm at a loss for words. I have no faith in the administration and this coaching staff. YSU needs to do what it takes to move in a different direction as soon as the last game is played. We are a bottom feeder in our conference. Seems like the team has quit on the coaching staff and Leadership.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 05:39:12 PM »
This is bad real bad. How does a team start off winning their first four games and then go backwards and get worse as the year goes on. No team does that unless they have a slew of injuries. I'm at a loss for words. I have no faith in the administration and this coaching staff. YSU needs to do what it takes to move in a different direction as soon as the last game is played. We are a bottom feeder in our conference. Seems like the team has quit on the coaching staff and Leadership.

When you play four cupcakes and get false bravado that is what happens...and you can't coach kids up or motivate them when the going gets tough.  You cannot constantly yell at kids today like what is happening on our sidelines  ..DEVELOP THEM!!!  This isn't Don Bucci era football...recruit tough kids regardless of talent, teach them, develop them, and they will run through a brick wall for you!!  We recruit football players..not ATHLETES!  MULTI-SPORT ATHLETES is what we are missing!!   Football players give up..ATHLETES get better because they know how to handle failure and how to buck up!!  Kids like that are easy to coach...
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 09:05:15 PM »
Did you hear pelini in his press conference state the freshman class this year was his best recruiting class and he will be looking to play some this year now in the last games?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 09:40:05 AM »
Did you hear pelini in his press conference state the freshman class this year was his best recruiting class and he will be looking to play some this year now in the last games?
yes I did.  Waid makes the class clearly above average right out of the box.  Several DB's should greatly improve defense with some PT.  HOWEVER, this team is playing FAR below potential and it has to do with leadership and discipline.   You look to the coaching staff and usually the QB for direction and consistency and although I am NOT a fan of Mays as a QB, he is unquestionably tough and I refuse to dump on him for this mess.  To me the lack of consistent play falls on the staff and I think 100% may be the correct number to replace.  HOWEVER we are not about to do that, so I'm not sure where you go.  Certainly you move Carl to D and get Waid an spread offense OC and see where we go from there.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 11:51:20 AM »
Nothing against Waid but his other offer was Fordham.  If he becomes a productive QB time will tell.  I thk Pelini is full of s**t.  A few years ago was probably better based on stars as we got several high rated defensive guys from western PA and the kid from Minnesota.  Smoke n mirrors by Pelini.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 02:37:26 PM »
 The program will not move forward until Pelini is gone.  Have you looked at the other teams rosters?  They are all young!   North Dakota State and Northern Iowa have the least amount of senior starters in the conference.  North Dakota State, UNI, and South Dakota State have stud redshirt freshman quarterbacks.

Pelini's talent is below average, that is one him and his lack of recruiting players good enough to complete in this conference.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 02:49:29 PM »
I turned off the South Dakota game in the third quarter.  I'm assuming Waid did not play.  Correct?  That would give him one more free game.  Play Craycraft against Indiana State and give Waid the entire game against Illinois State on the final week.  Let's get a glimpse of him against a good team that needs to win to advance to the playoffs.  Right now nobody really knows what this kid can do. 

Any other freshman who has not yet seen the field but is being counted on heavily by the coaches for the future should start the last two games.  What is the worst that can happen?  Give up 56 points and get crushed?  Par for the course.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 04:53:10 PM »
I turned off the South Dakota game in the third quarter.  I'm assuming Waid did not play.  Correct?  That would give him one more free game.  Play Craycraft against Indiana State and give Waid the entire game against Illinois State on the final week.  Let's get a glimpse of him against a good team that needs to win to advance to the playoffs.  Right now nobody really knows what this kid can do. 

Any other freshman who has not yet seen the field but is being counted on heavily by the coaches for the future should start the last two games.  What is the worst that can happen?  Give up 56 points and get crushed?  Par for the course.
I agree with your thoughts 100%  Move Carl to the D, Move Waid to QB and find a OC that features a spread attack and let's go.  Pat Pearson from Girard would be a place to start looking for an OC.  He too a team without Waid to the playoffs with plenty of offensive stats I believe.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »
I can't honestly believe that you are proposing to add a high school coach as the OC. This is exactly how we ended up where we are. We need to get some top graduate assistants that are completing their time and are ready to coach at the college level. Our problem was not the OC. The problem is the OL coach and the D'alesio mess.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2019, 06:49:22 PM »
I can't honestly believe that you are proposing to add a high school coach as the OC. This is exactly how we ended up where we are. We need to get some top graduate assistants that are completing their time and are ready to coach at the college level. Our problem was not the OC. The problem is the OL coach and the D'alesio mess.

Exactly this...all of it.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2019, 07:57:50 PM »
Maybe they can re-hire the older Stoops back too for special teams.  What a gross waste of a salary for YEARS.  Wasn't he supposed to be the liaison for local high school coaches?  Collected a salary for too many years.  Anyone see a trend yet? 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:58:41 PM by goodnews »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2019, 08:53:22 AM »
Somebody make a list of high school coaches who coached high school before getting their first college job. I'll start:
Damn near every coach of note!
We need to open up and run the spread to be effective in today's game and fully utilize Mark Waid.  His HS coach isn't a bad place to start.  Do you thing he would be worse the the coordinators we have now?
Again, IMO moving Carl back to DC and Pearson to OC gives us a much better chance to win going forward.