Author Topic: Fire D'Alesio  (Read 17100 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Fire D'Alesio
« on: October 19, 2019, 11:46:21 PM »
Someone please explain to me how the worst defensive back in school history (possibly MVFV history) gets a job as a defensive backs coach? that TD where they threw it to the TE was vintage D'Alesio.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire D'Alesio
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 12:53:57 AM »
His mothers boyfriends name is on the new press box. Oh and he coached Rivers and Moss to NFL careers.  What a joke huh?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 07:39:15 AM »
His mothers boyfriends name is on the new press box. Oh and he coached Rivers and Moss to NFL careers.  What a joke huh?

He didn't coach Rivers and Moss to NFL careers.  He has no business coaching defensive backs.  This is simply Mooney collusion.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:07:12 AM by penguinpower »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 04:08:15 PM »

He didn't coach Rivers and Moss to NFL careers.  He has no business coaching defensive backs.  This is simply Mooney collusion.

I think he was being sarcastic about the Rivers and Moss thing

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 04:12:13 PM »

I think he was being sarcastic about the Rivers and Moss thing

I get it, but I don't want others to actually believe it

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 09:23:58 PM »
Sarcasm for sure. He has the two of them all over hia twitter acount. Laughable and delusional.  Like I said in another post.  None of this is a quick fix. It runs deep and dirty.  They have given full time coaching positions to people who should be graduate assistants.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
Rivers was nothing until he met D'Alesio!  While he does need to go, you are starting a couple levels too low.  This mess is a top down mess and Strollo and Pelini should be the first out the door!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 11:01:04 AM »
I seem to recall someone saying that the Pelini hiring was all on JT. ;) Then why stop at Strollo?

That was just a bit of sarcasm and I know that we are all upset. I did not expect much from this season, but Bo led us to believe, this combined with the way we win/lose/play, makes things even more of a disappointment.  The team is simply not moving forward.

1. The lack of an O line until opening week.
2. The lack of recruiting running backs and foundation players which leads directly to...
3. All big play offense and defense. No balance. The only adjustments that we make on D is blitz, or not. We do make some adjustments on O, but the foundation is just not there to be successful.

The truth is that Bo is Bo and Strollo is going to handle this one of two ways:

1. The Wolf way. Or,
2. The Heacock way.

Wolf was basically told he was not going to be renewed; he got in early trouble when we lost a large group of players, from which we never seemed to recover. While coach H was given an expectation that had to be met or he would not be renewed. As I mentioned earlier, I will expect Strollo to treat Bo more like Heacock, and set an expectation.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 10:08:32 AM »
I seem to recall someone saying that the Pelini hiring was all on JT. ;) Then why stop at Strollo?

That was just a bit of sarcasm and I know that we are all upset. I did not expect much from this season, but Bo led us to believe, this combined with the way we win/lose/play, makes things even more of a disappointment.  The team is simply not moving forward.

1. The lack of an O line until opening week.
2. The lack of recruiting running backs and foundation players which leads directly to...
3. All big play offense and defense. No balance. The only adjustments that we make on D is blitz, or not. We do make some adjustments on O, but the foundation is just not there to be successful.

The truth is that Bo is Bo and Strollo is going to handle this one of two ways:

1. The Wolf way. Or,
2. The Heacock way.

Wolf was basically told he was not going to be renewed; he got in early trouble when we lost a large group of players, from which we never seemed to recover. While coach H was given an expectation that had to be met or he would not be renewed. As I mentioned earlier, I will expect Strollo to treat Bo more like Heacock, and set an expectation.
I said that JT brought Bo to YSU, but you corrected me.  Not being one to argue, I converted!  (I can dabble in sarcasm too!)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 08:43:36 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkoYP7BacA

Bo says he can't explain the breakdowns. Well coach, look at the film of your DB coach/DC when he played. He does everything you aren't supposed to do and you hired him. That may be a good explanation as to why you have so many breakdowns
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:48:01 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 08:53:43 PM »
Here are some old memories from a YSU fan that did a nice job with his blog.

http://www.paneech.com/tag/nick-gooden/

There is a litany of references to Donald D'Alesio a d his inability to cover anyone. How about these frustrating memories? ugh.   I have a good idea, let's hire him so he can teach others to not have the ability to cover anyone on defense.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:03:22 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 09:30:14 PM »
The only reason these young guys were hired is because they are young and full of energy so they do most of the recruiting so Bo doesn't have to.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »
He is coaching at YSU for the same reason he played at YSU.  Not sure Bo has a say either.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 11:06:45 PM »
So energy makes u a good recruiter? They have no track record of recruiting.  So its on the job training at the expense of the fans. And a gross waste of resources.  Most if not all of the coaching positions posted at YSU demands D1 or D2 experience.   That should surely be the case with football considering the conference competiton. 

Anyway, like I said none of this is easily fixed.  Not to mention the cupboard is empty.  Depth (recruiting) is a real issue.  If u dont think so look at our 3rd and 4th quarters.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 05:11:43 PM »
So energy makes u a good recruiter? They have no track record of recruiting.  So its on the job training at the expense of the fans. And a gross waste of resources.  Most if not all of the coaching positions posted at YSU demands D1 or D2 experience.   That should surely be the case with football considering the conference competiton. 

Anyway, like I said none of this is easily fixed.  Not to mention the cupboard is empty.  Depth (recruiting) is a real issue.  If u dont think so look at our 3rd and 4th quarters.

Didn't say they were good recruiters lol. Just saying that's a reason why they are coaches.