Author Topic: Fire Pelini  (Read 82690 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Fire Pelini
« on: October 19, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »
I’m staring it.  This is embarrassing. He got out coached. Stuff him now. Get rid of the Mooney connection. Clean house. All his homeboys need to go.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Pelini
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »
I’ll pitch in to buy him out.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 05:51:29 PM »
I’m in too

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 05:52:02 PM »
If anyone thinks that this is something that can be easily fixed you are crazy.  The best scenario is he resigns at season end.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »
If anyone thinks that this is something that can be easily fixed you are crazy.  The best scenario is he resigns at season end.

Empty the stands. Pressure the admin. Tressel has to see it. Strollo won’t. This is a joke. Best move is to get rid of him now. Don’t wait. Kids don’t want to play for him. It’s obvious.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 06:23:43 PM »
hey just extended him, correct? Anyone know what they are on the hook for if they fire him? Enrollment drop created a big budget hole.  Will they be willing to pay 2 coaches under these circumstances? Seems safe as long as Tressel is around.  Pelini has been there long enough that this dumpster fire is all on him.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 06:32:31 PM »
Have we ever fired a coach that had years left on a contract?  I doubt it.  Paying both an active coach and a fired coach is something we will never do.  As goodnews just suggested, the best case is if Pelini faces reality and resigns after this season.  He must understand after today that he has lost control of this team.

Does anybody else have the horrible impression that Pelini has now done for YSU exactly what Faust did for Akron?  Made the football program totally irrelevant.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 06:35:55 PM »
Football isn’t really a big revenue generator so firing Pelini will cost way more than its worth.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 07:02:41 PM »
I would venture to guess more 60% of the current roster isn't D1 talent.  I would also guess 80% of the coaching staff isn't D1 either.  The two combined is exactly why we are, where we are.  He has one hell of an ego to think that he can make up for the lack of knowledge of his coaches and make us competitive.   

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 07:03:06 PM »
Won't happen. He will have to resign.. Problem is, Carl is taking over once Bo leaves. It was apart of the deal when Bo signed his extension and got Carl to come back.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 07:05:46 PM »
I would venture to guess more 60% of the current roster isn't D1 talent.  I would also guess 80% of the coaching staff isn't D1 either.  The two combined is exactly why we are, where we are.  He has one hell of an ego to think that he can make up for the lack of knowledge of his coaches and make us competitive.   

I have to disagree. It seems like more of a motivation / football IQ / coaching issue than a talent gap. We had the #3 team in the nation on the ropes last week and we beat 4 d1 programs by 20+ points. You don’t do that with d2 talent.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 07:14:59 PM »
Please review roster and coach bios and tell me different.  You cant possibly convince me that we have capable depth.  We played 1.5 good quarters last week.  On the ropes at halftime?  The #3 team made the halftime adjustments offensively and defensively and hung 35 points on us in the 2nd half at home.  We found out today what kind of road team we are. 

Now football IQ of the coach yes.  Who would leave #7 or whatever his number is on defense in the game?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 07:19:17 PM by goodnews »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2019, 07:19:01 PM »
Please review roster and coach bios and tell me different.  You cant possibly convince me that we have capable depth.  We played 1.5 good quarters last week.  On the ropes at halftime?  The #3 team made the halftime adjustments offensively and defensively and hung 35 points on us in the 2nd half at home.  We found out today what kind of road team we are.

I’m not sayings it’s a great team, I’m just saying a team with 60% non d1 talent probably doesn’t win 4 straight d1 games, and probably gets blown off the field by SDSU and UNI, which our team did not.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2019, 07:27:27 PM »
Won't happen. He will have to resign.. Problem is, Carl is taking over once Bo leaves. It was apart of the deal when Bo signed his extension and got Carl to come back.

If this is fact...I’m happy NOT to renew our tickets.  Tickets we have had since Stambaugh opened.  Add me to the “Strollo is a moRon” group.  What’s paladins phone number?   Need to give him a call...

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2019, 09:53:49 PM »
Been a season ticket holder since 83. Done. Will tailgate to have fun. Will not go into another game until the Mooney faction is gone. I’m done.
THE DRIVE FOR 5