Author Topic: SIU Week  (Read 22290 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SIU Week
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2019, 08:43:52 AM »
Well, luckily this wasn’t a true must-win unlike what some of you have claimed. This team needs to beat every team except NDSU and they are in the playoffs.

HOWEVER. That looks like an extremely tall task for this squad

What??   You are out of touch! This was a must win. You must have gone to Mooney.

Definitely did not go to Mooney lol. Anyway i meant it’s not a true “must-win” by the literal definition.

We need to win 4 more games to make the playoffs and we have 5 left, 1 of them is pretty much a guaranteed “L” so id say the next game is our first true “must win”

You can't get into the playoffs without a marquee win and bad losses.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2019, 10:26:21 AM »
Well, luckily this wasn’t a true must-win unlike what some of you have claimed. This team needs to beat every team except NDSU and they are in the playoffs.

HOWEVER. That looks like an extremely tall task for this squad

This is why 24-teams in the play-off is too many. 16 is perfect. If you must have 24, then you must define all teams that get in, as they do in D-II. By this, I mean the top-2 or 3 teams in each eligible conference. We do not qualify, nor should we be in unless we win every remaining game ...especially NDSU.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2019, 01:53:50 PM »
I mean honestly don't know why we are even arguing whether we will make the playoffs. We all know right now we arent worthy of it. Besides that, in order to make it, we would actually need to win a game in conference which I don't see.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2019, 03:45:17 PM »
I mean honestly don't know why we are even arguing whether we will make the playoffs. We all know right now we arent worthy of it. Besides that, in order to make it, we would actually need to win a game in conference which I don't see.

You’re right.  I guess I just felt like I needed to inject some hope to these boards since we don’t have a ton to get excited about.

I still honestly think this team has potential to turn things around but I don’t know what they need to do to start that process.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2019, 10:01:12 AM »
Maybe 1 or 2, but that certainly won't get it done and I agree, we don't deserve it anyway.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »
Kandrase, I gotcha. I try to be optimistic, but even I gave up this year

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2019, 08:19:28 PM »
Was the effort because they were not prepared or just do not respond to Bo's approach.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2019, 10:02:21 AM »
Was the effort because they were not prepared or just do not respond to Bo's approach.
what's the difference?  These are almost all Pelini kids now. if he can't get any more out of his recruits that we've been seeing, who cares if he doesn't prepare them, or they don't listen to his instructions, it's clear he has "lost" the team.  time to move on.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!