Author Topic: SDSU week and homecoming  (Read 24010 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SDSU week and homecoming
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2019, 10:54:32 PM »
That penalty on Jones was a really big penalty and changed the game.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2019, 11:05:23 PM »
So flipping upsetting.  We’re are right there...and just can never finish it out.  Never a fan of Mays but the kid is ALL GRIT. Have a ton of respect for him...even though he should have been pulled before he got knocked out. Just so sick and tired...at least my NFL team makes me feel better about football.  Oh wait...I’m a browns fan. 

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2019, 11:10:56 PM »
They did not hurt them self and we did . Couple of questionable calls/no calls all went their way. They wore us down in the second half. We were out coached.

Had to laugh at their one guy on their sideline, an adult for sure, seemingly with no real purpose as all he did was walk around. But he made a complete fool of himself as he spend most of the 4th qtr taunting our band and student section. An adult taunting college kids, classy!

I saw that too guinpen from the other side (my season tickets are at the home side). I pointed that guy out to those around me. Was hoping we would make a comeback to shut him up but no dice

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2019, 07:55:42 AM »
Defense cannot overcome squat Chief. They gave up 35 unanswered points which as nothing to do with the offense. They have a small group of lonestar players on D ...not team. Absolutely no balance. The back-ups were in very late. The NDSU QB was big and slow & we did nothing to him. We do not have the ability to play 3 & 4 down defense. We drop these Rabbits for a 5-yard loss with a big play from our lone star players, but give 20 on 3rd & 4th down because we lack a balanced defensive scheme. Again. Lone star players, just like their head coach. That supposed trick play was an embarrassment. Every person in the stands and every coach saw it was coming & the least we could have done was call a time-out. Play the damn ball is fundamental, something we just lack on defense.

On offense, we have no TB's and no line to make holes. We had no outside run game until yesterday & the bunnies figured it out by Q3. The issue is, we should have had an insurmountable lead by then. SDSU could not stop us. At QB, Craycraft made one of the best passes I have seen all year for a TD, but he is not moving this team down the field as skipper and this is another big reason why we did not put SDSU away early. All of our momentum was sucked right down the drain in Craycraft's first series. I do not know hat Bo was thinking ... Maybe the coaches were thinking that they were going to pull Mays?

We all said that UNI was nothing and NDSU showed us just that. Like YSU, the Panthers too have some good players (especially on defense) but lack a team.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2019, 08:06:54 AM »
You have a bizarro perspective. We played redshirts in the back end of the defense all night a d had blown coverages. SDSU made a good adjustment at halftime where they used the RB to chip defenders to help protect their QB. We ran out of gas or will power once the turnovers started. They should have pulled May's when he was no longer mobile. We dont have enough explosive players to overcome more than a few mistakes against good teams and expect to win.

I have noticed over the years that a team that plays a physical game the week before rarely can perform to the same level the week after.  That too could be a theory to explain your team vs individual concept that I disagree with
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:11:03 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2019, 08:11:37 AM »
Get real, you are freaking delusional IAA.... The offense can't run the ball, your boy threw a pick 6, stupid penalties. They are a good offense. Weren't gonna keep them out of the end zone for much longer as our D was getting tired and worn down from being on the field more and more.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2019, 09:39:42 AM »
Two things are evident after last night.  First we need to get out of the MVFC.  For whatever reason talent, depth, coaching we are not in the same league as the better teams in this conference.  We need to find another conference where we are more competitive.  Second the Mays era is over.  He is a tough guy but he needs to step back and heal up. The coaching staff needs to determine which QB is the future and let them take over for the rest of the season.  I hope they make the right decision   And If the backups don't work out look at recruiting someone new or bring in a transfer with a couple of years left to play.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2019, 09:45:20 AM »
35 pts given up in the second half.  Whoever is running the D should be fired by Monday morning. Well 28 was fault of The D.  Quiet honesty who is ever running the offense isn’t finding ways to get it to TE 80 and Putting Alessi in more mismatches.  I see no playoffs if things remain the same. We have talent issues on offense.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 09:51:52 AM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2019, 10:06:40 AM »
We also got out coached in crucial situations.  Wasn’t there a series where they had 4th down and they looked like they were going to try to get us to jump offsides and we got fooled at the last minute when the player took the snap and made the first down.  I think the got a Td on that drive.  The long run by Qb or whoever to seal the victory should have never happened.  We totally sold out and wasn’t expecting him to go outside.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2019, 10:21:05 AM »
Get real, you are freaking delusional IAA.... The offense can't run the ball, your boy threw a pick 6, stupid penalties. They are a good offense. Weren't gonna keep them out of the end zone for much longer as our D was getting tired and worn down from being on the field more and more.

Could not agree more with everything you said but the last sentence. Does not change anything I said. Depth is as much a part of defense, as it is offense. Something we have none of. That is a fact. There was only a 10-second difference in time-of-possesion between the two clubs, so that defense being on the field to much excuse is a bunch of nothing.   BTW since when is he "my boy"? He is the best QB on this team that we have seen. He is baring the burden of of every defeat that we have had, as well as the victories...on the field and off.  SO if you have an issue with that. then talk to your recruiter. This is the same idiot that was letting Wells walk when he was the best QB on the team ... despite what his Offensive Coordinator strongly told him. I am saying this as a person who never even thought we stood any chance to win this game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 10:22:52 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2019, 11:24:04 AM »
What is our most recent record on homecoming Day games? Seems like we lose more than we win at homecoming

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2019, 12:21:04 PM »
So flipping upsetting.  We’re are right there...and just can never finish it out.  Never a fan of Mays but the kid is ALL GRIT. Have a ton of respect for him...even though he should have been pulled before he got knocked out. Just so sick and tired...at least my NFL team makes me feel better about football.  Oh wait...I’m a browns fan.

At least the ribs were good

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2019, 02:00:30 PM »
Was the 80 yard TD a quick count?  With 3 defensive coordinators (Pelini Brothers, D'Alesio) on the field one should've seen the CB out of place and called a time-out.

Obviously, D'Alesio wouldn't notice cause he was never in the right place including now.