Author Topic: Boring!  (Read 3799 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Boring!
« on: September 18, 2019, 09:34:20 AM »
The "week 0" opening game with national TV coverage was great, especially with a big win over a frequent playoff team.  HOWEVER this early season bye week is BORING!!! 
We have few injuries, few controversies.  Some may want to start a Craycraft or Waid for instance, but there is NO WAY Mays deserves benching.  Not only were the Dukes a playoff team last year, but they won a first round game, and handling them the way we did is NO time for benching anybody.
Plus we have the building excitement of battling the mighty Colonials of Robert Morris in a week and a half.  Yawn
The Buckeyes have the Miami RedHawks who lost 35-13 to Cinn.
And to top it off, I'm not a big fan of Blake Shelton. 
  Oh well, Go Browns!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Northcoast Penguin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Boring!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 11:41:03 AM »
And you don't think the Browns are boring????

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 01:23:15 PM »
And you don't think the Browns are boring????
I don't think the Browns are great, but they are NOT boring!  They are a fun bunch.  A LOT of mistakes, but exciting to match and you never know what you are going to get!  I watch the quins get 13 penalties for 135 yards and think it couldn't get any worse, then Sunday comes and I see 18 penalties for 185 yards and I think Pelini is too hard on the guys, it could be worse!  (he is NOT too hard on dumb penalties, they would kill us in the MVFC)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 02:13:18 PM »
Way back when I was in school we did not start playing sports until the 8th grade.  Nowadays kids start in grade school.  If you have been playing that long how do you not know what holding is, or offside or a late hit etc.  my point is why so many penalties in college and pro

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 02:39:42 PM »
Way back when I was in school we did not start playing sports until the 8th grade.  Nowadays kids start in grade school.  If you have been playing that long how do you not know what holding is, or offside or a late hit etc.  my point is why so many penalties in college and pro
Frankly if you start in 8th grade and don't understand by the end of 8th grade, your coach should have been doing  something else!
Dumb penalties need to be separated from "good" penalties and bad calls   IE the Reed "targeting" call was a bad call.  Next time he needs to be 2" lower, but I'm fine with the effort and plays he was making.  Also sometimes things like a WR beats your butt and you grab him because 15 yards is better than a TD.  I'm fine here too.  But the "every kick" block in the back, the early jump by lineman, etc. are hard to explain. Sometimes the moment gets a little big for kids.  DeSalvo is a FAR better punter than he has been showing.  They need to focus and let the game slow down a bit.  Bobby Morris should help.