Author Topic: Bobby Morris  (Read 22339 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Bobby Morris
« on: September 16, 2019, 09:00:53 AM »
OK there is two weeks to break this down.

For the folks on here who like to go off of what happened in the past:

1. RMU put a huge scare into Dayton. 34-31

2. Dayton beat ISU (b).

3. ISU (b) better than YSU by the polls and pre-season experts.

4. Bobby Morris for the upset?!?!

Discuss  fb

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Morris
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 09:46:43 AM »
We should not have any problems with Bobby Morris UNLESS WE GOT THE SAME REPS FROM OUR LAST GAME.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 09:50:26 AM »
We should not have any problems with Bobby Morris UNLESS WE GOT THE SAME REPS FROM OUR LAST GAME.

I had RMU as the worst of the 4 team OOC we face. Ref's are taking over and changing games. I was in Lexington and watched the refs single handily change the out come  of the UK FL game with targeting calls. It's not fair to the defense looks to me D players hurting themselves trying to pull up not to get a call against them  :'(

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 12:19:03 PM »

I had RMU as the worst of the 4 team OOC we face. Ref's are taking over and changing games. I was in Lexington and watched the refs single handily change the out come  of the UK FL game with targeting calls. It's not fair to the defense looks to me D players hurting themselves trying to pull up not to get a call against them  :'(

I am not a lawyer. To me, the word "targeting" requires intent. Otherwise, it is an incidental contact.
I have seen so many incidents where the defensive player tried to avoid helmet contact by tackling the defensive player in the midsection and wounded up creating helmet to helmet contact when the defensive player lowered his head at the last second.

To me, it seems like they should look at the entire sequence leading up to the hit and not just look at the result, the helmet to helmet contact.

I know.... NCAA wants the refs to enforce the rules and not to interpret or re-write them (I guess, that is up to the supreme court refs or progressive refs).

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 03:10:53 PM »
This should be another scrimmage in which we work on our obvious flaws.  Most importantly, few or no penalties must be the ultimate goal on the 28th.

Where does Waid fit in right now?  He now has three games left before he loses his freshman eligibility.  If the coaches intend to burn his redshirt, he should play the entire second half against RMU so he can demonstrate his passing ability. 

I agree that targeting is now making a mockery out of traditional football.  It started with good enough intentions.  For example, preventing an exposed receiver from getting destroyed AFTER the ball had clearly passed over him.  Or "spearing" a runner after he was on the ground.  It has morphed into a monster that causes defensive players to think too much and react too little.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »
This should be another scrimmage in which we work on our obvious flaws.  Most importantly, few or no penalties must be the ultimate goal on the 28th.

Where does Waid fit in right now?  He now has three games left before he loses his freshman eligibility.  If the coaches intend to burn his redshirt, he should play the entire second half against RMU so he can demonstrate his passing ability. 

I agree that targeting is now making a mockery out of traditional football.  It started with good enough intentions.  For example, preventing an exposed receiver from getting destroyed AFTER the ball had clearly passed over him.  Or "spearing" a runner after he was on the ground.  It has morphed into a monster that causes defensive players to think too much and react too little.

This is analagous to gun control.  Both are slipper slopes.  Targeting is just much further ahead.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 05:25:12 PM »
I would only agree with using Waid over Craycraft if you have decided that Waid is now #2; otherwise you need Craycraft to take as many snaps as possible. Do not look to what might be down the road; I am talking about who comes in if Mays has to come out for a series. I do not thing Waid is your answer, so you cannot let him play for the half...this has the be Craycraft..

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 06:18:10 PM »
Hate that we have 2 bye weeks in the first couple weeks of the year. Really stinks not having one for conference play. This should be another easy win.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 07:31:59 PM »
I would only agree with using Waid over Craycraft if you have decided that Waid is now #2; otherwise you need Craycraft to take as many snaps as possible. Do not look to what might be down the road; I am talking about who comes in if Mays has to come out for a series. I do not thing Waid is your answer, so you cannot let him play for the half...this has the be Craycraft..

How many games can you play in and still keep your red shirt, 3-4? I hope that they were just letting Waid get his feet wet in a game we had a great chance of winning. Would not be surprised to see him against Robert but after that only if really needed.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 08:48:40 PM »
You can play in 4 and keep your redshirt. Mark will see plenty of time.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 05:42:38 AM »
You can play in 4 and keep your redshirt. Mark will see plenty of time.
Any 4 games during the season? Are playoff games excluded?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 07:08:07 AM »
As far as I know, the rule does not dictate how far into the season that they can play (although IMO it should). Rather they have to be on the beginning season roster. This keeps players from transferring to a program late in the season, declare that they are sitting out and then play 4-games to help a team win the conference, make a bowl game, or maybe play in the post-season.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 07:10:32 AM »
Yes, any 4 games. I believe playoff games count.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »
Robert Morris rolled to an easy win Saturday. 31-21 over VMI.
They actually have one lose by 3 & one by 6, so they've been reasonable competitive at their level.  I'm looking for a comfortable win we can use to work on some things, but I don't see 56-0, maybe 31-6?
Maybe we can have a come from 2 scores behind comeback victory like the Buckeyes? 
Bobby Morris' main runner is 5/9 165 so I assume he is fast, but I don't see him pushing DeMarco Craig Jr too far on the inside (or Justus Reed in the 2nd half)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 03:25:27 PM by go guins »
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 06:10:11 PM »
I watched some of their game against VMI, a Southern Conference bottom-feeder.  They don't stink.   Actually, they look about the same as Duquesne, and both RMU and Duquesne played Dayton about the same, albeit with different results.  We take this game too lightly at our peril.