Author Topic: Howard Week  (Read 20688 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Howard Week
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:11 AM »
His passing in week-1 was terrific ...weak team or not. Craycraft is a far too obvious pattern passer.
C'mon man?!?!?!  Craycraft has throw 7, count them 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 = seven passes in his college career so far and you can make some inane comment about "far to obvious pattern passer?!?!? WTF does that even mean.  We have been watching Mays for 4 years and he still has no good idea where the ball is going to go when it leaves his hand?!?!?! 
You fall in love with one of these kids and you simply can't see what is going on on the field.
I'm out
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Howard Week
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2019, 10:41:59 AM »
Mays is a much better passer this year then last. I did not say he was a great passer; if he was, he would not have been sitting behind Wells, as Wells had no legs. Why would you think Mays is some great runner? He is a clear drop-back guy. What you saw on the other side was a running QB. That being said, this team operates well under Mays and he is "clearly" the man until injury or Craycraft dramatically improves his game.

Also, Craycraft or Waid will not start for this team after 2019.

This may be just me, but I consider Mays a running QB due to the large amount of read option and RPO we run.

I know he is not a great runner. He is slow and runs to contact. He appears to be trying to correct the latter and save some punishment, with mixed results.

He's a worse passer  than a runner so there is no way I would ever consider him a pocket passer, and that's not what he's asked to do in this system to this point.

Craycraft or Waid will be starting this year because Mays can't stay healthy.

I have no idea what you expect to be the QB situation for next year but I did get a nice LOL out of that, so thank you.