Author Topic: Stambaugh Stadium Idea  (Read 4275 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Stambaugh Stadium Idea
« on: September 06, 2019, 10:56:15 PM »
I don't think we YSU can wait another 20+ years to bring updates to Stambaugh.  Personally, I believe its time to bring something new for the fans and improve the experience.  Possibly adding a patio area attached to the southside of the East stands.  Maybe a beer garden, local brewery (Penguin Brewing) local food (Charlie Staples) Ribs.  I am sure there is a no compete with the food service contract but just a thought.  Maybe get Pepsi involved.  Sell the idea and generate excitement for the younger crowd.  Its time to think out-of-the-box. 

jimmiejames

Re: Stambaugh Stadium Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 02:39:01 AM »
I was listening until you said Charlie Staples.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 07:37:43 AM »
I don't think we YSU can wait another 20+ years to bring updates to Stambaugh.  Personally, I believe its time to bring something new for the fans and improve the experience.  Possibly adding a patio area attached to the southside of the East stands.  Maybe a beer garden, local brewery (Penguin Brewing) local food (Charlie Staples) Ribs.  I am sure there is a no compete with the food service contract but just a thought.  Maybe get Pepsi involved.  Sell the idea and generate excitement for the younger crowd.  Its time to think out-of-the-box.

Charlie Staples is overrated.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 05:43:55 PM »
How about getting rid of the stupid penguin in the middle of the field and putting the big red Y.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 08:27:26 PM »

Not a bad idea
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 07:22:17 PM »
Like the idea & it is affordable. They do have the concession stands open on the east side now for tailgating. It is a good start.

Online The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 07:57:11 PM »
I think this idea would be good. Again, as already stated, I'm sure it is dependent on terms of existing food contract.