Author Topic: Howard Week  (Read 20740 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Howard Week
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 03:02:09 PM »
Just have to keep Newton in the pocket. Spy all game long please.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 04:04:35 PM »
Howard is better than I thought.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 04:11:09 PM »
Why does #7 play at all? He talks a lot and does not back it up whatsoever. Abused.... Again!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:12:25 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »
Sloppy early on. Passing game still leaves a lot to be desired. Couple injuries that have to keep an eye on going forward.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 05:44:28 PM »
Howard will put up  a lot of yards and points this year.  I think I heard the announcers say they went for over 500 yds vs Ohio last season.  Their QB would start for us.

Both lines were dominant today.  Got to clean up mistakes in the kicking game.  YSU Qb's need better accuracy.
Not dissapointed in #7 on his coverage.  That might be the best WR he'll play against in his career.  That guy was big and athletic.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:45:17 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »
Sloppy. Selfish and dumb penalties. Special teams continue to disappoint.

Fix the dumb mistakes and special teams and we can be decent.

That was a good offense we faced and once we decided to contain the QB in the pocket they couldn't do much outside of looking for #81 every pass play.

Our D line is phenomenal.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2019, 07:49:46 PM »
Special teams is a big concern.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2019, 08:44:21 PM »
Agree on the special teams, extra point and punting, no excuse at our level. Thought that kick coverage was fine. Loved the two long runs, Run Forest Run. Hard to be unhappy when you score 50+. #55 on D had several nice sacks, not so nice when he took a shot at the guy, second one always get caught. Thinking he is a Freshman.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »
As Happy noted, once we contained their qb in the pocket, we were okay.  #81 made some really fine catches; not sure there are too many FCS backs that could guard him.

It is really hard to determine where our offense is right now.  Both Samford and Howard have awful defenses.  I do love having four running backs that can outright play. 

A FCS punter that can't average 30 yards!  Kicking nearly every ball short and out-of-bounds.  Surely there is someone else on this roster that can punt a football.

Hopefully, this lackluster performance will remove any possibility of taking Duquesne lightly. 

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2019, 08:35:36 AM »
The catch made in the endzone made it to college game day final and is under the highlights toward the end of the show.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2019, 08:59:20 AM »
what was the attendance

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »
Anyone else watch the post game press conference? Bo was very upset...

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2019, 09:32:57 AM »
Eventually someone, probably in our league, is going to contain our run game.  When that happens we do not have the OB talent to take charge.  Both our current QBs are below average for our level.  What is up with Waid?  This kid put up supper human numbers in high school but cannot start ahead of our current QBs?  When he came in early I thought that the starting job was his to loose.  Apparently he lost it. 

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2019, 11:12:38 AM »
dwj,

The worst thing that we could do is play Waid before he is ready.  Any quarterback coming out of high school faces a daunting task while adjusting to the speed of the college game.  Waid's problem is compounded by the fact that he played against very weak competition and his numbers really don't mean much.  Redshirt the kid and we might eventually get four years of outstanding qb play.  Panic and force-feed him and we might ruin him.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2019, 12:13:29 PM »
We should play Waid.  I thought you were allowed to play a frosh in 4 games and they will not lose their redshirt status. 

If we're blowing out the next two opponents and he doesn't play that would say to me that coach wants to give Craycraft as many reps as possible and Waid isn't ready.  I thought he would get som reps in the 4th against Howard.

Wade put up incredible numbers at Girard and seems to have all the measurements you want in a QB but on the other hand he was committed to Fordham before YSU .  Not sure he was highly recruited despite what he did in the valley.