Author Topic: Samford Game  (Read 16227 times)

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Samford Game
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2019, 08:25:23 AM »
I recall the Akron RB, Adrian Brown. I always felt we should have continued to run him in the 1999 championship game instead of going to 3 and out in the passing game. Game may have been less of an embarrassment. As I recall Coach Tressel sent home an offensive lineman and another got hurt and we were done.

The Georgia Southern RB, I think his name was Adrian Peterson (not the AP of NFL fame) was greater. Not sure what happened to him, but he sure embarrassed us that day. I was at the game and their fans were the worst I ever experienced.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2019, 09:41:44 AM »
I recall the Akron RB, Adrian Brown. I always felt we should have continued to run him in the 1999 championship game instead of going to 3 and out in the passing game. Game may have been less of an embarrassment. As I recall Coach Tressel sent home an offensive lineman and another got hurt and we were done.

The Georgia Southern RB, I think his name was Adrian Peterson (not the AP of NFL fame) was greater. Not sure what happened to him, but he sure embarrassed us that day. I was at the game and their fans were the worst I ever experienced.
career in the NFL.

Adrian Peterson (of the I-AA fame) was drafted by the Bears and had a long NFL career with them My nephew was big fan. Still has Peterson's autograph, card, photo, etc.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2019, 10:59:57 AM »

career in the NFL.

Adrian Peterson (of the I-AA fame) was drafted by the Bears and had a long NFL career with them My nephew was big fan. Still has Peterson's autograph, card, photo, etc.

I recall, Before the game, he appeared in front of the press walking with a pair of crutches because of his leg "injuries".
The next day in the game, he ran all over us. He faked us out.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2019, 07:27:44 PM »
He took an air cast off during the game and ran all over us