Author Topic: Borecki Completes YSU Volleyball Coaching Staff  (Read 2751 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Borecki Completes YSU Volleyball Coaching Staff
« on: August 28, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »
Kajetan Borecki has joined the Youngstown State volleyball program to complete Aline Scott’s coaching and support staff for the 2019 season.

Borecki comes to Youngstown after spending the 2018 season as a volunteer assistant coach for the Florida Gators. He also served as head coach of the Vision Club Gainesville volleyball team.

“I am excited for this new chapter in my life working with Youngstown State Volleyball,” Borecki said. “I am very impressed with how professionally this program is being run by Coach Scott on and off the court. I think we have a great potential on this team, and one of the main reasons I came here is to help this team move up the conference ranks. I am excited to develop the talent we have and expand on their volleyball IQ.”

Before his year at Florida, Borecki coached at Division II Valdosta State from 2016-18. He was an assistant coach for two years, and he was in charge of designing practices, game tactics, directing offensive and defensive game plans, video breakdown and game analysis. He served as interim head coach for three months in 2018 before graduating with his master’s degree.

Borecki played collegiately at the Division I level at NJIT, where he earned Eastern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association All-Academic Team accolades. He also played at Graceland University, where he was an NAIA honorable mention selection. He helped the team to an MAMVIC conference championship and a national semifinals appearance in 2012.

Borecki played professionally for two elite teams – CAJVP PARIS in France and BBTS Bielsko-Biala in Poland. He was MVP of the Bielsko-Biala Cup in 2010 and won the Slaskie State Championship. He competed in multiple international tournaments in Italy, Germany, Lithuania, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary and the Czech Republic.

Scott has a full group of new assistant coaches for the 2019 season in Borecki, Destiny Clark and volunteer assistant McKenzie Reese. Strength and conditioning coach Brian Sklenar is entering his sixth season working with the program, athletic trainer Sam Maze is in her second season, and Dakota Hrabowy is in his first season as a team manager.