Author Topic: MBB 2019-2020 non conference schedule  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
MBB 2019-2020 non conference schedule
« on: August 22, 2019, 01:04:20 PM »
Announced today on the YSU website:

The Youngstown State men's basketball program today announced its 2019-20 non-league slate that includes games in the Global Sports Shootout, six home games at the Beeghly Center, contests against schools in the Big XII and the Atlantic Coast Conference, and a game at the Covelli Centre in downtown Youngstown.

Five of the Penguins' non-league opponents advanced to the postseason in 2018-19, including a pair of NCAA Tournament qualifying teams.

The Penguins will host Thiel (Nov. 5) in the 2019-20 home and season opener before playing four games in the Global Sports Shootout. In the Shootout, the Penguins visit ACC-member Louisville (Nov. 10) and Akron (Nov. 12), host North Carolina Central (Nov. 19) and close out the exempt tournament at USC-Upstate (Nov. 23). Sandwiched between the GSS games is a road contest at Sun Belt Conference-member Louisiana (Nov. 15).

Youngstown State will play four of the next six games at the Beeghly Center with road games at Central Michigan (Nov. 30) and at Western Michigan (Dec. 7). During that six-game stretch, the Penguins will host Westminster (Nov. 27), Robert Morris (Dec. 4), Southeast Missouri State (Dec. 15), and Binghamton (Dec. 18).

The Penguins will square off against West Virginia at the Covelli Centre in downtown Youngstown, Ohio, to close out the non-league slate (Dec. 21).

The Horizon League portion of the schedule, which will be release later this summer, begins the weekend of Dec. 28-30 and will feature 18 contests.

The 2020 Horizon League Men's Basketball Championship runs March 3, 5, 9-10. The first two rounds will take place at campus sites on March 3 and March 5 while the semifinals and championship game will be played at Indiana Farmers Coliseum (March 9-10) in Indianapolis, Ind.

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB 2019-2020 non conference schedule
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 05:01:46 PM »
Overall not a bad schedule but I'm disappointed that there aren't more "elite-type programs" on the schedule.  But I'm really looking forward to the WVU game.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB 2019-2020 non conference schedule
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 07:27:52 PM »
I agree not a bad schedule. We have a decent amount of mid-majors on the schedule which are winnable. This is the most home games we've had in many years which is good. I predict 18 wins or more