Author Topic: YSU @ Virgin Islands  (Read 3355 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU @ Virgin Islands
« on: August 16, 2019, 06:02:21 PM »
If anyone cares the men's basketball team won all 3 games.  They beat Calgary twice and the Virgin Island all stars once.   It sounded like Michael Akuchie played real well as did Naz and Quisenberry.    two new guys Jamir Thomas and Tyler Foster played well too.  I'm basing this on the 3 broadcast and the comment by Rob Schmidt and the coaches.

Btw,Calgary went 29 - 2 last season.  Olamide Pedersen did not play due to a broken hand and Devin Morgan did not make the trip.

Offline chezmustache

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU @ Virgin Islands
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 11:20:26 AM »
     I think a large number of people care.  Unfortunately, the administration's tepid and minimalist support of the program over the past several decades chilled fans' willingness to invest beyond casual interest.  There is the omnipresent dread of being let down, again. 

This year presents intriguing prospects.  The team has leaders and much supporting talent.  They may be upwards of eleven players deep.  It appears to be the best Penguin edition since the days of Kendrick PERRY, Damian EARGLE and Bobby HAIN.   

There will be a noticeable uptick in interest if they are .500 or better.  People will come out of the woodwork if they win consistently.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 11:45:21 AM »
Very interested in this upcoming season!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 08:43:43 PM »
I listened to Wednesday's game against and their comeback at the end was impressive as the press really worked scoring the last 11 points of the game.  Thursday saw them end the game score 9 of the last 10 to win what was a tie game.  And then to hold Calgary to 59 points and win by 12 on Friday seems to be pretty impressive.  Apparently Calgary was 29-2 last year and won a title the year before.  We did this without 2 key players in Devin Morgan and Ola. 

Hopefully this trip will pay dividends as the season plays out.  I know I'm really looking forward to it.  Has anyone seen the non-conference schedule yet?