Author Topic: QB situation  (Read 9307 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: QB situation
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 10:05:20 AM »
That is not a fair question Chief. The strength in a Mays-led offense is not in his arm, but rather his feet. I liked the way Monty used Nate to change the pattern of the offense.
Which is to say, in "1AA speak" NO MAYS CAN'T throw consistently.  We have seen now year after year, he takes off and runs, gets hit, gets hurt, and we need a sub.  Today's football is spread the formation, throw the ball, score 35 points and hope you get an INT to hold the opponent to 28.  You can't go into a season with a journeyman backup RB who couldn't get constant carries for any of his 3 seasons as your RB and a QB that runs first until he gets hurt. 
Time to move on.  Frankly if this team goes 6-6 I'd be ecstatic.  Time to more on the Braxton Chapman and Mark Waid and look forward.

No I did not say that. I said that in his style he can throw consistently. We would need to change the way we use him. I bet you he can do well in a pro-set  ...very well indeed. Not going to happen in a Bo Pelini coached team though. Nate is not a major deep-threat though. The football you describe is boring as heck and teams like JMU, EWU and NDSU do not play it. These are the best teams in the nation and what I hope we will get back to.
What you said was, and I quote: "The strength in a Mays-led offense is not in his arm, but rather his feet"  I read that as saying he can't throw consistently. 
BTW, IMO his record supports my point, better than yours.  This just isn't going to get it done in today's spread would.  304 yards passing in 4 games is going to get your killed.  Nate and YSU would be better served making him an H back.
2018-19   4   22   44   50.0%   304   76.0   6.9   3   1   58   126.0
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!