Author Topic: Cleveland State basketball coach goes adios  (Read 3613 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Cleveland State basketball coach goes adios
« on: July 13, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »
https://www.tribtoday.com/sports/local-sports/2019/07/cleveland-state-fires-felton-after-2-seasons/

We hired the right guy.   Surprised they let the staff go in July opposed to last March.  CSU's demise hurts the Horizon.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Cleveland State basketball coach goes adios
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 03:09:05 PM »
Half of their players, including all of the good ones, entered the NCAA transfer portal.  I have no idea if Felton was incompetent or if the players he recruited are selfish and delusional. 

How would you like to be a Cleveland State graduate and a sports fan?  You don't play three of the four traditional American college sports (football, track, and baseball.)  The fourth sport is a basket case.  You are ignored completely by the local media, and your marketing department is so atrocious that it actually makes its YSU counterparts look good. :P

During bad times, I guess we should always remember that some other places have it much worse.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 11:57:20 PM »
Wow. Firing your coach in July is very odd. There must have been some underlying issues that led to this. I know they've had a lot of players transfer out and leave this past offseason.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 08:51:11 PM »
Me thinks we have the coach they might want. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 09:32:59 PM »
2019-20 basketball roster is out and no Cameron Kane Johnson nor John Salley listed.  Anyone have any info on this?