Author Topic: What the hell is up with this board?  (Read 5678 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
What the hell is up with this board?
« on: July 10, 2019, 01:11:24 AM »
I am working on an MBA and have been absent for about 3 years.  I finish in June of next year and then all hell is going to break loose.  What the is up with this board?  There is no new information on the only sport that matters (football) and it is sad.  This thing is turning into the Vindicator....dying on the vine.  How much interest would be there if articles were written and you had to pay $0.50 to read it? I talking about 50 cents.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:17:35 AM by penguinpower »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell is up with this board?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:35:07 AM »
correct me if I missed something, but isn't your post completely void of sports content? 
with a coach who NEVER says ANYTHING.  a staff that follows the leader (and should)
no local news coverage, what is there to comment on?   "I hope we do well!"  That isn't very interesting either.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 01:03:40 PM »
Its July? Lol. Relax

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 01:17:15 PM »
When Tressel was the coach/AD, he cultivated excellent relations with the media and received positive year-round coverage.  Pelini has no use for the media; we all knew that on the day it took this job.  He is incapable of generating any interest in the program.  That jobs falls upon the sports information/marketing staff.  They release information on the university website but little of that reaches the general public.

Also, the poster "chief" is clearly the only individual left here who has access to inside information.  There used to be several "insiders" but they have all left this board over the years for various reasons.

Lacking fresh and accurate information, there is nothing left to talk about except personal opinions, which for all of us are virtually worthless.  So why bother?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 02:19:41 PM »
When Tressel was the coach/AD, he cultivated excellent relations with the media and received positive year-round coverage.  Pelini has no use for the media; we all knew that on the day it took this job.  He is incapable of generating any interest in the program.  That jobs falls upon the sports information/marketing staff.  They release information on the university website but little of that reaches the general public.

Also, the poster "chief" is clearly the only individual left here who has access to inside information.  There used to be several "insiders" but they have all left this board over the years for various reasons.

Lacking fresh and accurate information, there is nothing left to talk about except personal opinions, which for all of us are virtually worthless.  So why bother?
Agreed and I also agree with Chief, it's July!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 09:59:49 PM »
everyone can agree that the interest is not what it used to be

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 10:48:06 PM »
1 it’s the middle of July
2 losing season last year with a historic loss to basically a D3 school

What kind of excitement do you want?

I’m personally excited for the Sanford game, we finally get a quality OOC opponent that’s not FBS.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 03:17:56 PM »
1 it’s the middle of July
2 losing season last year with a historic loss to basically a D3 school

What kind of excitement do you want?

I’m personally excited for the Sanford game, we finally get a quality OOC opponent that’s not FBS.

Sanford is a middle-of-the-pack team. We should win with ease, but everyone will make a big deal out of it just in case do not. They are the 3rd-weakest team on our schedule.

Samford (neutral)
Howard
Duquesne
Robert Morris
at UNI South Dakota State
at Southern Illinois
Western Illinois
North Dakota State
at South Dakota
at Indiana State
Illinois State

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 05:27:50 PM »
I agree that Samford is the third-weakest opponent.  But I also agree with Kandrase that it is very refreshing to play a full scholarship FCS ooc game.  That probably has not happened since Heacock was the coach.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »
Couldn't help but notice Jayden Cunningham isn't on the current YSU football roster.  He has been up until very recently, but can't find any info.  We have about 12 OB's going into camp and some are bound to fall by the wayside, but I had hopes for Jayden.  Anybody know anything about this?