Author Topic: Vindicator folding and YSU effect ?  (Read 15915 times)

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vindicator folding and YSU effect ?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 04:38:40 PM »
cmj,let's make YSU great again.   I only read the sports section on line so not one to know about what their agenda was but when was the last time the Vindicator endorsed a non democrat for President ?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 11:34:47 PM »
IAA Fan,

I urge you to ban ALL discussions about politics on your site.  Rational discourse about politics is impossible in the supercharged, hate-filled climate that now engulfs the country.  Sports is the one topic that could be immune from such polarization.  Please keep it that way.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2019, 08:35:40 AM »
IAA Fan,

I urge you to ban ALL discussions about politics on your site.  Rational discourse about politics is impossible in the supercharged, hate-filled climate that now engulfs the country.  Sports is the one topic that could be immune from such polarization.  Please keep it that way.
Pretty sanctimonious purest for somebody who I haven't seen with a sports post in quite a while.  Not much going on, I don't see the damage being done, but whatever.  Post something sports related and I'll stick to the topic.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2019, 12:21:39 PM »
Please don't start politics on this... I for one only read the vindy online. Will miss the coverage.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 03:47:45 PM »
I think if the politics starts to spread on the thread, I will just move it to the non-sports section as usual. For now, it is not too bad. I too, get the Vindy and the Dispatch on-line only. There is tremendous room for an on-line Ytown paper on line. Keep the news local, then add a Roku other streaming channel. It is not rocket science, you just need to think more progressively. The Vindy invested nothing in the digital world (as with most paper execs) for years; the Next thing you know, they are regressive. A thing of the past.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »
The Vindy has been irrelevant for the past 20 years.  The owners ran it to the ground.  Can’t wait to see what will replace it. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2019, 08:22:00 AM »
The Vindy has been irrelevant for the past 20 years.  The owners ran it to the ground.  Can’t wait to see what will replace it.
You can sign up for the replacement right now.  go to facebook.com
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 06:23:57 PM »
The owners of the Warren Tribune and the Vindicator have reached an agreement today.  Tribune has bought the rights to the name, the subscription list, and the Vindicator website.  They will publish a Mahoning County edition under the name Vindicator starting on September 1.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 10:10:00 PM »
I'm glad that the name stays alive. It is iconic.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 11:46:00 AM »
The owners of the Warren Tribune and the Vindicator have reached an agreement today.  Tribune has bought the rights to the name, the subscription list, and the Vindicator website.  They will publish a Mahoning County edition under the name Vindicator starting on September 1.

Very good!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »
excellent, seems like a very good solution
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2019, 09:41:22 PM »
As a YSU sports fan, this is a great result,,,the Tribune always has done a much better job covering YSU sports than the Vindy.  I still can’t shake the memories of that childish Scalzo character covering them. He should have been writing for a junior high school newspaper.   For years the Vindy writers advocated for YSU being admitted to the D1 MAC,,,but our local newspaper was covering us at a D3 level,,,at best.

Contrary to the thoughts of many others, I will miss the rest of the Vindy (minus the obscenely sickening liberal slant of the editorial pages.) I enjoyed the local news coverage,,,I will not miss Berturd ,,,,at all. 

I hope this solution works for all,,,,and that we get D1 coverage of YSU sports.
Joe Cool

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2019, 10:29:20 PM »
As a YSU sports fan, this is a great result,,,the Tribune always has done a much better job covering YSU sports than the Vindy.  I still can’t shake the memories of that childish Scalzo character covering them. He should have been writing for a junior high school newspaper.   For years the Vindy writers advocated for YSU being admitted to the D1 MAC,,,but our local newspaper was covering us at a D3 level,,,at best.

Contrary to the thoughts of many others, I will miss the rest of the Vindy (minus the obscenely sickening liberal slant of the editorial pages.) I enjoyed the local news coverage,,,I will not miss Berturd ,,,,at all. 

I hope this solution works for all,,,,and that we get D1 coverage of YSU sports.

I always thought Scalzo did a pretty good job and liked his work. He was probably the best Vindy sports reporter in the last decade.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2019, 11:01:10 PM »
Any fan that accesses the Tribune website knows that they put the Vindicator to shame with their coverage of YSU sports.  As others have noted, this should be great news; a chance to finally get the attention that the local DI university deserves.

Regarding Scalzo, opinions about the content of his work depended entirely upon your personal preferences.  However, from a purely technical point of view, Scalzo was the most gifted writer at that paper in at least several decades.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2019, 07:35:49 PM »
Any fan that accesses the Tribune website knows that they put the Vindicator to shame with their coverage of YSU sports.  As others have noted, this should be great news; a chance to finally get the attention that the local DI university deserves.

Regarding Scalzo, opinions about the content of his work depended entirely upon your personal preferences.  However, from a purely technical point of view, Scalzo was the most gifted writer at that paper in at least several decades.

I agree, Scalzo was the most talented writer and I enjoyed his work.