Author Topic: Basketball Signs Guard Daniel Ogoro  (Read 3158 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Basketball Signs Guard Daniel Ogoro
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:20:50 AM »
Daniel Ogoro, a 6-foot-5 point guard, has signed a grant-in-aid to join the Youngstown State men's basketball program for the 2019-20 season, Head Coach Jerrod Calhoun announced.

"Daniel Ogoro gives us more versatility at the guard position," Calhoun said. "He is a terrific passer, has a great feel for the game, and has a tremendous basketball IQ."

Ogoro, who is originally from London, England, was a two-time All-Mid-Atlantic Prep League First-Team selection at Mercersburg Academy.

He also averaged 12 points, six rebounds, nine assists, and two steals per game last season at Springfield Commonwealth Academy. Ogoro helped lead his squad to a conference runner-up finish.

Ogoro joins Chirstian Bentley (Brampton, Ont.), Tyler Foster (Baltimore, Md.) and Jamir Thomas (Passaic, N.J.) in the 2019-20 recruiting class.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball Signs Guard Daniel Ogoro
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:27:32 AM »
Not sure I would describe his videos as "pass first", but does have nice drive and kick game.  6'5" looks legit and that's nice size for a Horizon point guard.  Coach says adds flexibility at the point, but frankly I wouldn't be surprised to see the "Big O" on the court with Quiz.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 05:53:55 PM »
Not sure I would describe his videos as "pass first", but does have nice drive and kick game.  6'5" looks legit and that's nice size for a Horizon point guard.  Coach says adds flexibility at the point, but frankly I wouldn't be surprised to see the "Big O" on the court with Quiz.

There's only one BIG O!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 09:06:29 AM »

There's only one BIG O!!!
Agreed!  I wondered if anyone would notice.  Funny, but the real Big O was this huge powerful 6-5 guard and  now even YSU has a couple 6-5 guards.  Guys could make the NFL hall of fame as 240 lbs. OL and now they would be 80 lbs underweight!  YSU has a kid 6-8 325!  Glad I don't have to feed these guys.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!