YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Baseball to Face Milwaukee Wednesday in Horizon League Tournament

(1/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
The sixth-seeded Youngstown State baseball team will begin play in the 2019 Horizon League Baseball Championship against third-seeded Milwaukee on Wednesday at 4 p.m. The tournament is being hosted at Wright State's Nischwitz Stadium after the Raiders secured the top seed in the field. All games of the tournament will be streamed live on ESPN+, and live stats will also be available through links on HorizonLeague.com.

Wednesday's opening-round games will be single elimination, and the tournament will shift to a double-elimination format on Thursday once it is narrowed to four teams. If the Penguins win, they will play top-seeded Wright State in the winners bracket on Thursday at 11 a.m.

Fourth-seeded Northern Kentucky and fifth-seeded Oakland will open the tournament on Wednesday at noon.

go guins:
Go Guins! 

OleYSUfan:
YSU baseball has no pitching, so don't expect them to go very far.

Wick250:
I accessed ESPN+ briefly in the first inning.  Long enough to see that we were sending to the mound to start the tournament a pitcher who had an ERA of 10.72.  This is not a typographical error: 10.72.  OleFan's label of "no pitching" is actually being kind.  Either fix this mess or stop pouring funds into this black hole.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on May 22, 2019, 10:54:44 PM ---I accessed ESPN+ briefly in the first inning.  Long enough to see that we were sending to the mound to start the tournament a pitcher who had an ERA of 10.72.  This is not a typographical error: 10.72.  OleFan's label of "no pitching" is actually being kind.  Either fix this mess or stop pouring funds into this black hole.

--- End quote ---
While they were only 7-20 in the league and you could hardly call that as an overwhelming success, I don't see it as a "mess" and what the hell does "pouring funds into this black hole mean"?  If you don't win most of your games you should discontinue the program?  Who the hell would you play?  Sports is a sum zero game.  All the wins total exactly the same as the total of all the loses.  Sometimes it takes time.  Sometimes you don't every get really good, but I ate dinner next to a player after a game a couple weeks ago.  He was a very intelligent young man, very polite, very much interested in his education.  I for one, don't see him as a "black hole" or a waste money.  I for one, am proud of the overwhelming majority of athletes that compete for YSU.  I don't see any of the programs as a "mess" or as a "black hole". 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version