Author Topic: Two More Championships: Track Teams Annihilate Horizon League Foes  (Read 5165 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Women win the title by 148 points. ???  Men win by "only" 137 points. :o 

I took this last opportunity to go and watch Chad Zallow in person.  Wow!  You really have to be there to appreciate his speed and style.  And Gorby has assembled teams that have depth nearly everywhere.

Great track teams.  Very good women's hoops.  Now fix the freakin' football team and I will be a happy man.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Two More Championships: Track Teams Annihilate Horizon League Foes
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 04:43:26 PM »
I don't know much about YSU Track & field but they are the most dominant sport we have at the school.   Destroyed the Horizon.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »
Women win the title by 148 points. ???  Men win by "only" 137 points. :o 

I took this last opportunity to go and watch Chad Zallow in person.  Wow!  You really have to be there to appreciate his speed and style.  And Gorby has assembled teams that have depth nearly everywhere.

Great track teams.  Very good women's hoops.  Now fix the freakin' football team and I will be a happy man.

I couldn't watch them this year since the TV broadcast switched from espn3 to ESPN+. I checked the stats periodically.
They were so far ahead that both men and women didn't even run the last relay event.

Does anybody know if Chad could playe football (different sport) after his 4th year of track. I think he has to graduate this year and attend school (graduate school?) next year to qualify. Unless he wants to go pro in track.

Who knows, may be he can us help to fix the freakin' football.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 08:32:29 AM »
"Women win the title by 148 points. ???  Men win by "only" 137 points. :o"

C'mon guys, let's pick it up!! 
Great job to all involved.   
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 11:56:08 AM »
As to Chad, Gorby does a good job in splitting up the indoor vs outdoor scholarship limits, but I think Chad is done. He has run both indoor and outdoor starting in 2016. So he has had 4 indoor seasons and in his 4th outdoor season.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 01:42:40 PM »
As to Chad, Gorby does a good job in splitting up the indoor vs outdoor scholarship limits, but I think Chad is done. He has run both indoor and outdoor starting in 2016. So he has had 4 indoor seasons and in his 4th outdoor season.
But I had understood from a previous thread on this site that he has a year off football if he worked on his masters?  He was a good WR at Kennedy in Warren, but it's been a while.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »
But I had understood from a previous thread on this site that he has a year off football if he worked on his masters?  He was a good WR at Kennedy in Warren, but it's been a while.
That was what I had in mind. If he couldn't catch the ball anymore, he might be able to knock them down by playing DB.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 11:14:33 PM »
I expect that Zallow might now try his hand at professional track.  Should he wish to remain in school and try football, he could do so for one season.  Once you begin your college career, you can play any sport for four seasons within a five year time frame.  Although he never played (obviously) theoretically his football "clock" started four years ago, leaving him with one season remaining.