YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's basketball recruiting ?

(1/16) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
With 4 players transferring I thought we would have noise as of today.   Last year we signed 4 on spring signing day.  Anyone hear anything ?

go guins:
According to Verbal Commits:

Recent Activity
None

chezmustache:
     No activity?  What can we distill from that? 

(1) The coach is recruiting candidates who are off the grid.  Chances for success in that environment are not good. 
(2) The coach is exploring DI transfers. 
(3) The coach is considering offering scholarships to incumbent walk-ons.

Near term help is not on the way in any of those scenarios or combinations of scenarios.

ucfpengbuck:
NLI last day Is May 15th so maybe players and coaches are working out their options.   Coach C has four openings and there are five offers(one juco) that verbal.com reports.   Of those five none have committed yet.

Analyzing the other programs in the Horizon you will see that everyone or most everyone has openings too.   CSU and Oakland signed a player each two days ago.      Worst case scenario is we get no one and go with eight returning plus Jamir Thomas and scholarship a few walkons and load up for 2020.   Don't see this option happening since injuries can really decimate a season as we slugged it out when missing Naz and Covington last season.

Coach C might have been born at night but he wasn't born last night.   I think he'll have this worked out despite my impatience.

ytownchief22:
Patience. A couple visitors have been to and or are coming to campus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version