Author Topic: Future Football Schedule  (Read 14398 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Future Football Schedule
« on: March 21, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »
2019:

Samford (Montgomery, AL)
Howard
Duquesne
Robert Morris

2020:

@ Akron
Duquesne
Eastern Kentucky

2021:

@ Michigan State

2022:

@ Kentucky

2026:

@ Kentucky

2027:

@ Maryland

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Future Football Schedule
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »
Add Michigan State in 2025.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 04:13:40 PM »
Add McNeese State:

@ YSU 2021
@ McNeese State 2024

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »
Add McNeese State:

@ YSU 2021
@ McNeese State 2024

Don't remind me of that Akron game , which I am vehemently opposed to. However, McNeese will be more than a challenge for us. Those who can remember the greatest championship game ever in 1997 will look forward to it. If we do not spend some time on the option defense, we will go down.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 06:37:16 PM »
Add McNeese State:

@ YSU 2021
@ McNeese State 2024

Don't remind me of that Akron game , which I am vehemently opposed to. However, McNeese will be more than a challenge for us. Those who can remember the greatest championship game ever in 1997 will look forward to it. If we do not spend some time on the option defense, we will go down.

Please explain why you are opposed to use collecting a check to take a 45-minute bus ride to beat a FBS team and pack their stadium in red and white?  Please tell!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 08:09:34 PM »
Add McNeese State:

@ YSU 2021
@ McNeese State 2024

As you know I agree about akron, I will not attend. Also agree about McNeese, 97 was a great game. Daughter was there with the band. This is the kind of game that folks have been barking about for years. I can only assume that the game (McNeese)will be a sellout - right!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:42:15 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 08:14:30 PM »
Add McNeese State:

@ YSU 2021
@ McNeese State 2024

Please explain why you are opposed to use collecting a check to take a 45-minute bus ride to beat a FBS team and pack their stadium in red and white?  Please tell!!

Reason has been explained many times, some agree and think that it is a great game to schedule, some like myself  do not.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 08:35:18 PM »
Well you 2 will be the only ones who think it's a bad idea..... Lots of fans are excited about the game and will be there rocking the red!! Also, to think McNeese State is still running the option from 1997 is ridiculous lol.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 08:56:13 PM »
Well you 2 will be the only ones who think it's a bad idea..... Lots of fans are excited about the game and will be there rocking the red!! Also, to think McNeese State is still running the option from 1997 is ridiculous lol.

I know others that feel the same as myself so let's not get hung up on numbers.

Time will tell how many YSU fan actually go to the game. Based on how many fans were in the seats for a home game against a play-off team from last year, I will be surprised if the freeway will be bumper to bumper.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 10:06:58 PM »
You can raise the number to 6 as you add the 4 from my group.  I will not get on my knees and accept unequal terms from that filth that is Akron.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 05:43:58 PM »

They definitely run the option. It is not the triple that they used to mix in there in the 90's though. This is why they always have one of (if not the) top rushing defense in the country. That #5 from last year was more drop-back, but I suspect that was because they changed staff so abruptly.

Akron is a terrible choice, plain and simple. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. Already been covered.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »
@ Pitt- 2024

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 09:56:00 PM »
Akron is terrible this year. 0-5 and lost to UMass by a lot. It was UMass's first win, and UMass lost horribly to SIU. If Akron and YSU bare anything like this years teams next year, this will be a marquee win to help our recruiting, and even if the teams are different I still like our odds in this game. I know others don't feel the same but anyway, I'm at least pointing out something no one has yet which is that the Zips are struggling this year.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 11:41:27 PM »
If i heard President Tresssel correctly Saturday on the halftime show i believe he mentioned Pitt amd WVU.  I wasnt sure what exactly he  said at the time but 4  days later the Pitt game wis announced.

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 10:35:42 AM »
Complete OCC for

9/3 Duquesne

9/10 Dayton

9/17 Kentucky