Author Topic: East Stands  (Read 37583 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: East Stands
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2019, 08:45:23 PM »
Yes they are adding loges in the spots vacated by the media. But originally they were adding loges on the east side as well.  I guess we didn’t raise enough cash

That was never the plan as far as I know.

It wasn’t. This guy is the Master of Misinformation.
If anybody has ever watched YSU football on TV, you couldn't help but notice the view from the "East" stands, It looks directly "West" (funny how that works) and directly INTO the sun each afternoon.  Terrible place for loges.  Looks like somebody got the call right on no East stands loges!  Terrible place to televise a game from also, but since we don't seem to have a TV deal, guess that point is mute.

Been on the East side since it opened, very rare that the sun was even close to being an issue. Considering that the camera will be higher than my seats therefore a better angle, I would not think that there is an issue here.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2019, 09:24:25 AM »
Yes they are adding loges in the spots vacated by the media. But originally they were adding loges on the east side as well.  I guess we didn’t raise enough cash

If anybody has ever watched YSU football on TV, you couldn't help but notice the view from the "East" stands, It looks directly "West" (funny how that works) and directly INTO the sun each afternoon.  Terrible place for loges.  Looks like somebody got the call right on no East stands loges!  Terrible place to televise a game from also, but since we don't seem to have a TV deal, guess that point is mute.

Been on the East side since it opened, very rare that the sun was even close to being an issue. Considering that the camera will be higher than my seats therefore a better angle, I would not think that there is an issue here.
"Been on the East side since it opened,"  Is that the same as saying "I've never watched the game on TV?"  If you had you would have noticed the very bad glare problem and every televised afternoon game. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2019, 08:50:17 PM »

"Been on the East side since it opened,"  Is that the same as saying "I've never watched the game on TV?"  If you had you would have noticed the very bad glare problem and every televised afternoon game.

I have watched replays of games and do not recall a very bad glare, maybe my glasses need cleaned.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2019, 09:26:01 AM »
Here's a cool picture from ScoutingOhio's Mark Porter of campus yesterday with a drone up in the sky. Can see where Cafaro Field is going in on the bottom left and then where the parking lot is going in next to the east stands and the new press box.

https://twitter.com/Mark__Porter/status/1138129200672645120

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2019, 09:27:04 AM »
Another picture up close courtesy of YSU Communication.

https://twitter.com/YSUComm/status/1137726022999318533

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2019, 10:52:54 AM »
Thanks for the post!!  Both offer great prospective, (close and overall) and are very informative. 
Frankly another accent color might be good with our boring old red and black, but perhaps that green isn't just right!

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2019, 01:21:14 PM »
Thanks for the East Stands photos, this looks wonderful. Occasionally, we can get a view of the East side"s new addition via WKBN's weather cameras. Again thanks for the photos, I hope to get to one of the games this fall.   

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2019, 03:09:43 PM »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2019, 07:23:13 PM »

Um, It was the plan to add them there. Something went wrong.  Loges=$$$$$ and I think that the issues they had with the first contsruction company they chose caused them to pivot due to funding.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2019, 09:51:33 PM »
With the new parking lot seems as tho the north side entrance for the beeghly center will/should be updated at some point as well?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2019, 10:13:33 AM »
With the new parking lot seems as tho the north side entrance for the beeghly center will/should be updated at some point as well?

That would be asking too much right now haha.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2019, 01:53:43 PM »

That would be asking too much right now haha.
I vote for spending -0- on Beeghly until we have a plan  (and funding) for significant upgrades.  I'm thinking in the 75-100 million range.  If that sounds like a lot, and it does to me, check these out recent remodel projects:
U of Vermont 95 million
U of Dayton 72 million
U of Ill 30 million for upgrades to PRACTICE facility
U of Alaska 110 million   
All basketball, all updates to existing facilities.   We don't need an upgraded North entrance, we need to give Calhoun the tools to do his job successfully!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2019, 11:04:36 PM »
Go Guins I like your thought process on a total facelift but we need somebody to write a big check for about 50 million and maybe the state could fork out 25 million or so. We lost a big voice down in Columbus when Harry Meshel would get money for so many YsU projects.  Strollo has done a great job of doing small projects with money from the Penguin Club and from the Cafaro’s and other local businessman
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2019, 03:02:33 PM »

Um, It was the plan to add them there. Something went wrong.  Loges=$$$$$ and I think that the issues they had with the first contsruction company they chose caused them to pivot due to funding.

Fake news. Absolutely no truth.  Even CNN wouldn’t report it.
Joe Cool

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2019, 09:46:59 AM »