YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

East Stands

(1/14) > >>

Karl Hungus:
Does anyone know if the East Stands  will be open this year ?  Also if they will retain the handicap parking behind the stands .

go guins:
1. I don't have the answer to your question, and I often react negatively to what I read as defeatism among our fellow posters.  That being said, on the issue of the stands being open is a "who cares?" issue at this point.  I sense -0- enthusiasm surrounding the upcoming season, and I would assume ticket sales would love to be "flat."  We have a coach that seems to treat the press and the fan base at best as a necessary evil.  Coming off a 4-7 disastrous season, you'd think Bo would at least try to be accommodating and develop some support, but not this guy.  When asked about a spring game, he says: "we'll do something."  WTF is "something"?  OSU draws 10's of thousands of fans, encourages fans to take photos with the players, does special uniforms etc. Makes an event out of the spring game and Bo says, "we'll do something".    Sometimes I wonder.............

The handicap parking is obviously a totally different question, but I would only assume the university would be VERY sensitive to access concerns. 

go guins:
According to the Vindy from December:
The Don Constantini Multimedia Center project above the east side stands of Stambaugh Stadium is in progress, costing $3 million. It is expected to be completed in July 2019
in May 2018 WKBN says:
Construction will start soon and is expected to be done by August 2019.

ytownchief22:
Everything is on schedule and will be done by football season.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 21, 2019, 11:51:30 AM ---Everything is on schedule and will be done by football season.

--- End quote ---
Giving us another couple thousand additional empty seats?  Great. 
With diminishing interest, I assume we have diminished interest in TV coverage this fall, which was the catalyst to start this project in the first place?  Now, instead the slum broadcast booth that reminded me of a hunting blind from a swamp at Mosquito Lake sitting empty on fall Saturday afternoons, we'll have classy new state of the art broadcast facility.............sitting empty on fall Saturday afternoons!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version