Author Topic: Transfer bug started  (Read 13713 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer bug started
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 05:46:53 PM »
Sorry to see Kendale going.  He was instant offense off the bench.   Understand Holcombe  especially when Sally  started getting his minutes.  It's all about playing time and more so when you're a JC transfer and the clock is ticking.
Signing day is next week so look for some new Penguins.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 09:58:06 AM »
watching the NCAA tournament all you heard was this kid is a transfer from so and so college.  it seems like this is common everywhere.  heck high school kids move around like college kids.  problem is on the lower level schools when kids do it I am not sure the grass is greener on the other side. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 11:03:55 AM »
Akron has like 5 transfering in verbal commits.  We tho have most transfering in the horizon by far.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 08:21:23 AM »
Looks like Oakland and IUPUI best player on each team transfering out.  Oakland multiple transfers according to verbal commits.  NCAA needs to get this rule under control.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 05:43:14 PM »
This new rule is destroying mid - majors and the Big schools don’t want a Butler in a championship game.  I think basketball is heading the way college football is with the different tiers in D1
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »
Fully agree. Now let's hope we don't lose any more players to transfer. Our biggest contributors are coming back. We need inside help. National Signing Day is I believe this week.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »
Kendale Hampton has signed with Division II Central Missouri.  He'll probably do well at that level.  He showed some great flashes in non-conference play, but his PT really diminished in league play and didn't dress for several games. 

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 06:59:01 PM »
Of the four that left,Kendale was the least of that group I wanted to see leave .   Great catch and shoot player. Someone you want in a game late when you need a three.  Can't blame him with Garrett Covington having two years left and Donel Cathcart moved ahead of him in the rotation.   Also coach was playing Morgan off of Quisenberry  late in the season.    I'm going to keep an eye on his progress at Central Missouri.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 10:17:56 AM »
Of the four that left,Kendale was the least of that group I wanted to see leave .   Great catch and shoot player. Someone you want in a game late when you need a three.  Can't blame him with Garrett Covington having two years left and Donel Cathcart moved ahead of him in the rotation.   Also coach was playing Morgan off of Quisenberry  late in the season.    I'm going to keep an eye on his progress at Central Missouri.

I agree...he could produce a spark off the bench and could get really hot.  Would think he could excel at D2. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 02:42:50 PM »
Good news! 2 transfers today:

Kyle Scadlock, a 6-6 forward from D3 Williams College has committed. From Twinsburg area and played high school ball at University School.

Tyler Foster, a 6-5 guard from East Carolina is also coming in.