Author Topic: Not looking like a good night for penguin basketball  (Read 3502 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Not looking like a good night for penguin basketball
« on: March 06, 2019, 08:25:58 PM »
 Both the men’s and the ladies looking poor tonight. Does anybody know why we do not have our crew in covering the ladies game? We are the home team. On the men’s side the grizzlies have their announcers in

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Not looking like a good night for penguin basketball
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:59:18 PM »
Drae and Mike did the womens game like they always do. The women won, like they always do. The men choke, like they usually do lol.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 11:50:44 PM »
The guys fought til the bitter end.  It's a shame Covington couldn't play. How serious of an illness does he have? I didn't even see him on the bench.  We were a different team in league play when we were at full strength, but lost how many without Naz, Covington & Quisenberry...6 I think?

It looked like we were going to get blown out of the building early on and we were lucky it wasn't 18-0 instead of 9-0.  Once we got going in the 1st half and took the lead, we played what I thought was some of the best basketball of the year, but couldn't finish out the 1st half as strong as you would have liked.

In the 2nd half, Oakland could never pull away by more than 10 and we just couldn't get over the hump.  So many shots just wouldn't fall.  It's hard to believe that we made 8 more baskets including 6 more 3's, more assists, less turnovers, bench outscores 28-8, score 54 2nd half points and still lose.  Obviously our fouls and their free throws was the difference.  It's just crazy how many lopsided games foul wise there's been this year.  30 to 13 in fouls and 45 to 10 in FTs and I know some late were on purpose, but still. 

Sad to see Anabir's career come to an end.  He improved his game so much over last year and kept getting better and better.

NKU & Wright State have been the 2 best teams all year.  It's hard to imagine them not moving on to the championship, but you never know. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:56:32 PM by mudclods »

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 07:16:25 AM »
Nice summary mudclod.  The ft discrepancy was a total joke .  We did foul more but I thought they let Oakland get away with more physical play than us.
Thank you Noe Anibar for your inspired play the last third of the season.   Wish we had you back another year .
Guys played their butts off and last season we would of folded in a game like this if Cam wasn't hitting shots .

Hopefully we keep this group and don't get beat up by the transfer portal and coach can keep on recruiting like he has.