Author Topic: The Steel Tire  (Read 26999 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel Tire
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2019, 08:47:09 AM »
1 AA I will leave it at this.  Tressel 100% for sure got this game.  We will be playing Michigan State again, that too is Tressel, his relationship with their head coach Mark Dantonio who worked for Tressel at YSU and Ohio State.

I can tell you this as well, we are going to play Pitt again soon, their new AD worked in athletic administration at Ohio State when Tressel coached there.   Yes, Tressel is the reason Pitt will be playing us again soon.

Why are you so stubborn and can't see that FBS teams aren't coming here!   As for the MAC, we don't have the money to even begin a discussion with that conference to join.

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 09:06:49 AM »
Looking at fbsdchedules.com the earliest we play Pitt again is 2023. Unless YSU plays two fbs games in 2022.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »

Why are you so stubborn and can't see that FBS teams aren't coming here!   

This is obvious. What I am being stubborn in is not going to Akron. As to Tressel, believe what you need to believe and I will do the same. I will be at all of those games.

I tell you who also deserves more credit that he is given for the softening of the relationship with Pitt (as well as many things in general) is Trevor Parks and the Athletics Communications Department.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2019, 12:27:14 PM »
What is the matter, cannot support your convictions so you attack the person? Without anything else behind it (like a return game or offer to join the conference); any 6-year old knows what a waste this game is. I want my money games to have power conference teams and power conference pay-checks. BTW, if you really do have a six-year-old, then chances are you do not even remember the last time we played Akron in football. If we had a P5 offer, you should wish to drop this game in a heartbeat

wrong again.  I was born in 1981 and was at the game at the Rubber Bowl wearing a Jerry's Kid's shirt that my uncle had gotten for me.  Your math is almost as bad as your sports knowledge.  Nice try, though.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2019, 06:20:14 PM »
What is the matter, cannot support your convictions so you attack the person? Without anything else behind it (like a return game or offer to join the conference); any 6-year old knows what a waste this game is. I want my money games to have power conference teams and power conference pay-checks. BTW, if you really do have a six-year-old, then chances are you do not even remember the last time we played Akron in football. If we had a P5 offer, you should wish to drop this game in a heartbeat

1AA, sad to say but that is the way things are in this country now days, if you do not agree with someone,  you must knock them down a few pegs. We see it every day in the news.

Whether we agree or dis-agree with the game, is meaningless Whose connections are better than the next persons connections is meaningless. Message boards like this are great for exchanging thoughts and opinions. It is better if we do not all agree. Trick is to not make it personal.

I agree with you that if we have a chance to pick up a real 1A payday I would drop the zits in a second.

As I eluded to in an earlier post, I see this game as a possible Gotcha game for many YSU fans. After years of complaining about the schedule and using that as a reason for the lack of interest, they now will have a chance to step up to the plate and show that they were correct.

I set the bar at 9000 fans from YSU and will keep it there. 9000 or more will tell me that I need to rethink things. Anything less than 9000 and they will need to rethink things.

Should be interesting.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne