Author Topic: Carmon Bricillo and Justus Reed  (Read 13018 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Carmon Bricillo and Justus Reed
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 11:01:42 AM »
I'm confused. Losing an O-line coach is EOW? Hell the YSU O-line couldn't block their way out of a wet paper bag the last few years according to all you experts on here. This coach leaving maybe a blessing in disguise. O-Line is not rocket science  :o

I agree but the fact he left when spring practice is about to begin is less than ideal. Who's gonna coach these dudes ?

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 11:09:01 AM »
I'm confused. Losing an O-line coach is EOW? Hell the YSU O-line couldn't block their way out of a wet paper bag the last few years according to all you experts on here. This coach leaving maybe a blessing in disguise. O-Line is not rocket science  :o

I agree but the fact he left when spring practice is about to begin is less than ideal. Who's gonna coach these dudes ?

These guy's would better served in a strength and conditioning session till the position coach is sorted out. Some young guys that could stand the S&C time. Besides having the WVU grad x-fer will have benefits "IF" he's a true leader.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 11:10:10 AM by ysubigred »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 01:43:56 PM »
I did not think that Bricillo was a bad coach at ...quite the opposite. His issues did not start until Bo got here and the clash of offensive styles began. This along with the lack of recruiting on the O-line. Under Wolf, Bricillo had us 2-deep (less injuries) almost every game.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 02:22:49 PM »
I did not think that Bricillo was a bad coach at ...quite the opposite. His issues did not start until Bo got here and the clash of offensive styles began. This along with the lack of recruiting on the O-line. Under Wolf, Bricillo had us 2-deep (less injuries) almost every game.
Bingo!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »
Bingo!!
As I said earlier on this thread, we should be more concerned about who they are going to coach than who the coach is.  We could get the best OL coach in America and have him coach me and you'd have -100 yards rushing and 38 sacks a game!  I think most of this thread is emotion with very little factual support.  I looked at 2015 2017 and 2018 and found the number of yards per season very close as well as the number of yards passing very close.  We have moved the ball fairly consistently season to season.  Key issue is great players make big plays at critical times.   Would we have made it to Frisco without the best catch I've ever seen a college player make?  And would Hunter have made the pass from his butt?  Guys made the plays all through that GREAT run.  I'm still VERY concerned about OL PLAYERS, We'll get a good coach, I have no doubt.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline penguin8797

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 06:46:08 PM »
I could careless that he left. 

So you do care some, exactly how much less could you care?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 08:53:48 AM »
I could careless that he left. 

So you do care some, exactly how much less could you care?
8797 nice catch.  That phrase is misused more than any I know of, 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!