Author Topic: Spring Game  (Read 6881 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Spring Game
« on: February 12, 2019, 07:38:14 AM »
Has everyone seen the letter they mailed over the weekend regarding the player/staff meet & greet in cooperation with MBB? It is a great idea, but I cannot help but believe that this is the spring game tailgate; which means that we, once again, have no spring game.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Game
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 12:17:47 PM »
I'm with you Fan.  I like the idea, but I hope it's not at the expense of the spring game.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 01:48:14 PM »
It did seem a little confusing to me, but it does say we get a "game ticket" with our $9?  You don't have game tickets to no game do you??
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 03:07:42 PM »
It did seem a little confusing to me, but it does say we get a "game ticket" with our $9?  You don't have game tickets to no game do you??

I read that as the March 2 basketball game. The tailgate is in Beeghly. We are not having our spring game a week before camp even starts

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:14:22 AM »

I read that as the March 2 basketball game. The tailgate is in Beeghly. We are not having our spring game a week before camp even starts
That makes more sense.  The other thing is, I don't recall buying tickets for the spring game?  Did we?  (My memory is limited to about last Thursday)  Although the can give out free tickets to a game a month before the game.  Hell, they could give me free tickets to each regular season game a month out and it wouldn't cost them a damn thing, I'd loose it and have to buy one anyway!  (my brother keeps all the tailgate and game tickets!)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »

That makes more sense.  The other thing is, I don't recall buying tickets for the spring game?  Did we?  (My memory is limited to about last Thursday)  Although the can give out free tickets to a game a month before the game.  Hell, they could give me free tickets to each regular season game a month out and it wouldn't cost them a damn thing, I'd loose it and have to buy one anyway!  (my brother keeps all the tailgate and game tickets!)

I used to pay $5 for the spring game.

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 09:40:10 AM »
Spring game is too scripted to care about IMO.
It is an over glorified scrimmage. Just wait till Training Camp to watch those.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 10:05:22 AM »
Spring game is too scripted to care about IMO.
It is an over glorified scrimmage. Just wait till Training Camp to watch those.
My brother and I used to bet on the game.  Then b**** and scream at the traitors who would switch jerseys and play for the "bad guys" if they needed OL help or whatever!  We took the game as seriously as they did, which is to say, not at all.  The reason for the spring game is to see football in March when they is none and have your fans talking football when otherwise they wouldn't. (I'm not counting the AAF or whatever it is called) 

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »
What a sad state for our football program, interest appears to be at a very low point.  Spring practice is going on with little coverage by the press or tv. On this site we are discussing swimming, wrestling, lacrosse & bowling. 

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 11:14:52 AM »
dwj, I agree completely.  We blame everything on the marketing department, and they deserve much of the blame.  However, Coach Pelini does nothing to excited the fan base.  He doesn't get out in the community, he is awful on both the TV and radio shows.  Also, when you are 4-7 and lose to Butler, and lose by 25 to Indiana State you get what you have earned in terms of interest.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »
What a sad state for our football program, interest appears to be at a very low point.  Spring practice is going on with little coverage by the press or tv. On this site we are discussing swimming, wrestling, lacrosse & bowling.
Yeah man!  The women's bowling team cracked the TOP 25!!  Way to go ladies!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »
We need to be realistic here.  Bo was 9-3 every year at Nebraska.  That should let you keep your job anywhere but AL and OSU.  They fired him knowing they owed him MILLIONS just to get rid of him.  They didn't do it because he couldn't coach, they did it because he was an ********.  Our hope should be 9-3 with an A-Hole coach.  4-7 with him is unacceptable.  For my money it's 9-3 or we start looking.  That puts a lot of pressure on Mark Waid and Justus Reed's Achilles’ tendon, but 9-3 or bust!