YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

men's basketball Detroit

(1/2) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
Another road win 72 - 70.   Naz bounces back with 15 and 9 boards.   I saw that Big John Salley jr  gives us a presence in the post.  The floor opens up when he gets touches and he passes it well .
Thanks to Detroit's asst coach for throwing a players shoe (very bizarre) across the court that resulted in a tech foul and gave us 2 ft late in the game.

Dmorton:
This team is giving effort and not throwing in the towel like many other teams in the past.  The talent is there to turn this program around as long as they can stick together.  Hopefully, we only lose Anabir (Sr.),  and keep building.  Now if we can only get a couple home victories.

YsuPride:
Great win.  We control our own destiny. Keep winning. Now the trick is win at HOME.  YSU doesn't have much of a home court advantage due to the lack of fans.   Future is bright.  Quisenberry can be one the best once his 4 years is done. 

ytownchief22:
Good win. Q is the man.

mudclods:
Very impressive to go on the road & win at Oakland & Detroit- a team that we just can't seem to beat no matter what.  Probably earlier in the season these would have been 2 loses, but we're learning how to win.

I wondered if Sally would be rewarded with the start as well as he played against Oakland.  He's definitely given us an inside presence something we really haven't had at all.  It's hard to believe he really didn't play all year & has been key in 2 straight wins.  Pederson DNP tonight.  Thought Naz was terrific tonight and was the difference.  He looked strong, determined & confident. 

I really didn't know if we could overcome 3 times fouling Detroit shooting 3's.  I believe we gave them 10 points there.  Plus they were almost perfect from the line.  The shoe throw was very bizarre.  Not sure if I've ever seen that.  One thing over the years is Detroit has always been good for losing their composure at times & getting technicals.  They had one in the opener at YSU when a player slammed the ball that went way into the air that I thought might have turned the tide & tonight it definitely did.   

Now we need to care of business at home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version