Author Topic: Beeghly Center  (Read 12881 times)

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beeghly Center
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 07:29:52 PM »
I think maybe we could do something like what Duquesne has done to their arena which is almost a carbon copy of Beeghly in the seating area.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 10:11:35 PM »
I think maybe we could do something like what Duquesne has done to their arena which is almost a carbon copy of Beeghly in the seating area.

Yeah, that's about a $45 million dollar project. We need to continue to get some donors lined up.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 11:28:43 PM »
Over the past decade, we have pumped millions into our gym.  The offices, the film study room, the locker rooms, and the weight room now are as good as the facilities at most mid-major programs.  It is only the terrible seating that makes the whole facility look shabby.  Install modern, functional, and attractive seating and the place would look great.  Can anybody guess how much replacing all the seats would cost?  I have no idea.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 08:53:30 AM »
Over the past decade, we have pumped millions into our gym.  The offices, the film study room, the locker rooms, and the weight room now are as good as the facilities at most mid-major programs.  It is only the terrible seating that makes the whole facility look shabby.  Install modern, functional, and attractive seating and the place would look great.  Can anybody guess how much replacing all the seats would cost?  I have no idea.
Millions.  Without understanding any structural issues that may be involved, any layman's guess is just that, a guess.  Besides that, no university can just update the seats.  There would inevitably be millions in peripheral changes "required", that would turn this in to 10's of millions project.  Besides that, if I recall the recent news, the roof may be an issue too?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 03:15:38 PM »
one other thing that bothers me is those hanging hoops on the sides which are visible on ESPN+ look JV to me. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »
one other thing that bothers me is those hanging hoops on the sides which are visible on ESPN+ look JV to me.
Very good point.  If we need a practice court and someplace for intramurals, because those really do look "middleschoolish"  Maybe we should include a practice facility in a updating project.

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 11:47:04 AM »
Very good point.  If we need a practice court and someplace for intramurals, because those really do look "middleschoolish"  Maybe we should include a practice facility in a updating project.

They put two of them in Stambaugh (6 courts). May still need the others though.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 09:03:56 AM »

They put two of them in Stambaugh (6 courts). May still need the others though.
Good point 1AA, wonder if we ever use the drop downs in Beeghly or have just failed to have them taken down.  Most schools have rolling basketball stanchions for extra practice hoops an the drop downs are a thing of the past.