Author Topic: Zallow Wins 60m Hurdles at Clemson Orange & Purple Elite Invitational  (Read 4234 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Clemson, S.C. - Youngstown State senior Chad Zallow finished first in the 60m hurdles and junior Jaliyah Elliott finished second in the 60m dash at the Clemson Orange & Purple Elite Invitational on Friday afternoon.

Zallow started off a dominating afternoon by posting the fastest time in 60m hurdle prelims with a time of 7.71 seconds. In the finals, Zallow won with a time of 7.75 seconds beating out Florida State's Trey Cunningham who ran a time of 7.82 seconds.

In the prelims, Elliott posted the fastest time in the 60m dash with a time of 7.45 seconds. Elliott beat out unattached runner Breana Norman and ASCIS professionally sponsored runner Candace Hill. In the finals, Elliott finished second and was the highest collegiate finisher as unattached runner Breana Norman edged her out by .05 seconds.

Freshman Destiny Washington also competed this afternoon and ran a time of 8.93 seconds in Heat 3 of the 60m hurdles.

The Penguins are next in action a week from today when they play host to the YSU College Invitational at the WATTS.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Zallow Wins 60m Hurdles at Clemson Orange & Purple Elite Invitational
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 11:42:39 AM »
Without intending a shot at ANY previous Penguin athlete, I am of the opinion that Chad Zallow is the GOAT of YSU athletics!  Way to go Chad!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:12:24 PM »
Without intending a shot at ANY previous Penguin athlete, I am of the opinion that Chad Zallow is the GOAT of YSU athletics!  Way to go Chad!

You could certainly make a strong argument for him. Very impressive

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 09:43:50 AM »

The other names that come to my mind are Dick Allen, but he was a good MBB player at YSU and fame was in MLB.  Jaws who was good at YSU but greatness came with Eagles not Penguins, Wilkins and McFadden who were great kickers at YSU and NFL both, but hard to get too excited about a kicker.  In any event we should celebrate Chad's accomplishments and enjoy them while we can!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 07:25:26 PM »

The other names that come to my mind are Dick Allen, but he was a good MBB player at YSU and fame was in MLB.  Jaws who was good at YSU but greatness came with Eagles not Penguins, Wilkins and McFadden who were great kickers at YSU and NFL both, but hard to get too excited about a kicker.  In any event we should celebrate Chad's accomplishments and enjoy them while we can!

Yeah it's kind of apples to oragnes when you try to compare sports since track is so individual (besides relays) It's so fun to watch Chad line up... and then dominate guys from the big schools