Author Topic: MBB vs IUPUI  (Read 5262 times)

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
MBB vs IUPUI
« on: January 12, 2019, 01:48:18 PM »
Up 40 - 38 at half.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:00:49 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB vs IUPUI
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 02:04:48 PM »
It hurts when Covington exited the game early with 2 PF. He was doing well up to that point.
I hope he will make the difference in the second half. I think this is the team that we can score more in the paint.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 02:24:16 PM »
We are really moving the ball around in the second half. I am seeing 4 & 5 touches on most every possession & 2 timely 3's. Did you see that 3-pointer by Akuchie? It was basically from half-court.

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 02:58:07 PM »
nice win 82 - 76 . 2-2  on the road.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 03:26:02 PM »
see what happens when you play defense and move the ball on offense.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 03:40:49 PM »
We now need to learn how to win on our own home floor.. Four wins have been on the road. We just can't seem to win at home unless it's a non division 1 team. Strange

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 04:31:32 PM »
Good win. We almost gave this one away at the end, if Anabir had not make the FT.
This young team struggled when they stopped trying to score to burn time off the clock.
I really like the play of Covington and Q.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 02:58:42 AM »
Much needed win especially after Thursday's poor performance.  Would have been tough to be 1-5 with Wright State & N. KY next.  Still struggling to know how to win, but hopefully winning a close game will help down the road.  We seem to match up well with IUPUI winning 3 straight now unlike the opposite with Detroit. 

Quisenberry continues to impress.  He's really going to be fun to watch the next several years.  I thought the turning point in the game was late in the first half when it looked like the game was slipping away down 5 and we turned that around with a good run to go up at half.  It's good to see Akuchie have another game.  I thought he had some potential last year but seemed to really struggle for much of the early season.  Guys like Hampton, Cathcart & Maxwell have been quiet of late. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 02:39:35 PM »
I think that maybe the guys are trying to still lean a system and forget the basics. For example,  I cannot remember the last time that I saw a 10-second violation at the DI level. Maybe back when there was no possession arrow. Then again I do not watch as much as most of you.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 04:06:58 PM »
The 10 seconds violation was bad. However, it should have never come to that.
I believe we were up by 11 points with less than 2 min to go. Simmons got the long offensive rebound just beyond the 3 point line with 30 sec left on shot clock. Instead of burning off the 30 sec, he put up  a 3 without any hesitation. He missed.
Speaking of forgetting the basics, a grade school player would not have thrown up that shot .

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 06:50:23 PM »
The passing was so bad (when they were trying to run down those last 2+ minutes) that they could not set those shots up. As some of you have said, they need to just keep playing their game.