Author Topic: MBB YSU vs UIC  (Read 4074 times)

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
MBB YSU vs UIC
« on: January 10, 2019, 04:13:41 PM »
I see we are 9.5 point underdogs. Our freshman and sophomores need to have a good game. And we need to go inside.  Hoping for the win which will show our progress this season.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB YSU vs UIC
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:49:44 PM »
Down 45 -23 at half and it's hard to watch.  UIC 9 of 17 from three.   We're 9 of 34  for all shots.

Terrible shot selection and NO close out on threes.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:18:57 PM »
Very little defense.  Why press when you are down 25-30 points so they can get more open looks.  No help defense at all.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 10:12:21 PM »
Down 45 -23 at half and it's hard to watch.  UIC 9 of 17 from three.   We're 9 of 34  for all shots.

Terrible shot selection and NO close out on threes.
Yes, it was hard to watch. I turned it off after falling behind over 30 points. This had to be their worst effort of the year.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 01:31:01 AM »
It was definitely hard to watch.  Just didn't look like YSU was ready to play.  Looked like we were going through the motions.  Had a feeling we were due for one of these games.  I thought it was the worst effort since the 2nd half of the Akron game.  Though it was good to see we played better in the second half and seemed pick up the intensity late in the game or maybe UIC just tailed off.  It could have been really ugly when they were up 31 or whatever. 

Simmons had an excellent game, Naz was tremendous on the boards, and Ola had one of his better games, but that was about it.  Everyone else seemed to really struggle.

I thought we needed to split this road trip and now that we lost really need to find a way to beat IUPUI Saturday or we're going to fall pretty far behind before playing what are probably the best 2 teams in the league in N. Kentucky & Wright State.  Was shocked to see Milwaukee beat Oakland on the road.  Detroit is definitely the surprise of the league at 4-1.  Davis is unbelievable.   

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »
I have been critical of the offense for not trying to run the plays to set up an open shooter. UIC did just that last night. By swinging the ball around with screens, they had so many open shots. Our defense wasn't able to cover the open shooters all night. Game over....

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 03:33:30 PM »
Agree with all the above.  Very discouraging.  Looked like a well coached team vs an uncoached team.  Also some strong talented players for UIC.  We need to get an organized offense rather than what we have with too many contested 3's and no plan to get a player open or inside.