Author Topic: 2019 YSU FOOTBALL SCHEDULE  (Read 14511 times)

ytowngirl

Re: 2019 YSU FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 05:19:14 PM »
I wouldn't say Howard is a crappy team to play.  Duquense and Robert Morris on the other hand need to stop being scheduled. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 05:56:03 PM »
It's evident that Strollo and the administration could care less about the fans and the atmosphere at home.

But when you can't beat Butler... That's a whole other issue.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 05:57:14 PM »
I wouldn't say Howard is a crappy team to play.  Duquense and Robert Morris on the other hand need to stop being scheduled.

Why?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 10:09:02 AM »
Does Alabama complain about their OOC schedule?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 10:55:28 AM »

Why?
I agree with quinpen on this.  We get 7 home games including the 1st five straight at home and including UNI, SDSU, NDSU and IlSt in our home schedule and you're b****ing?  Give me a break.  This might be our best home schedule ever, seriously, look at it!
Alabama played Arkansas St. Louisiana (not LSU) and The Citadel, and while I'm sure their fans b**** too, they play a bunch of cream-puffs every year. 
Seriously, we should thank the football gods for the great schedule. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 03:34:44 PM »
We are not playing five league games at home and three on the road.  Whoever assembled that schedule made a typing error.  The UNI game is on the road, and not an especially favorable place to start the league schedule.

Offline 2000YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 03:52:53 PM »
We are not playing five league games at home and three on the road.  Whoever assembled that schedule made a typing error.  The UNI game is on the road, and not an especially favorable place to start the league schedule.
You are correct Wick. I apologize for the mistake. It is fixed.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 05:42:48 PM »
Duquesne was a playoff team last year so it's a pretty good game. Howard played 2 FBS schools fairly close last year. Samford is a good game they will be loaded for next year. Robert Morris game sucks. We better win at least eight games

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 07:22:24 PM »
TBH i've really changed my tune on this. Since we don't need a great OOC schedule to make the playoffs, we just need to finish basically at the top third of our conference, I'm a fan of playing as easy opponents as possible, that way we can pull starters early and stay healthy. The MVFC schedule is a war of attrition, and the more fresh we can be heading in the better I think.

Sure, it's kind of boring to see a blowout, but it's also fun to watch your team put up big points and make plays even if it's not against the best teams in the country.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »
I agree with Kandrase.  We give the voters on the playoffs too much credit for analyzing schedules.  When we are 7-5 you are going to be out, and 8-4 probably gets you in and nobody looks at that point was one of the losses to OSU or Butler.  Wins are wins, loses are loses.  You can't play all your OOC schedule against cupcakes, because they need to be high quality scrimmages, but you have to get ready for the MVFC not beat up before league play starts.   Samford and Howard should be good games for getting ready, then what SHOULD(DAMN the Butler game) be tuneups for starting the MVFC.  I still think this might be our best home schedule ever!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!