YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2019 YSU FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

<< < (2/5) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 08, 2019, 05:56:59 PM ---I agree with all the criticism about the schedule.  But once again the NCAA provides a reality check.  The selection committee consists of athletic directors from the conferences that receive automatic bids.  These characters hate the fact that the MVFC is so strong.  They were delighted that our teams chewed themselves up so badly this past fall.  Anything to restrict the number of teams from our league while advancing their own squads.  Six or seven MVFC teams would have stomped half of the 24 team field in this year's playoffs.  If you don't believe that statement, just look up some of the junk that the committee chose.

Here is the bottom line.  As long as the MVFC remains so formidable, it is suicide to play a strong ooc schedule.  Sometime reality just stinks.

--- End quote ---

Some good points.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 08, 2019, 03:57:41 PM ---Why do we have this same old discussion every year? Over the past 5 years or so, we have had the best schedules (by far) in our DI history. Hey how would all of you Tressel fans like to go back to Clarion, Lock Haven, or Slippery Rock. Heck California PA almost beat us twice and you want to complain about losing to Butler? If we added N. Dakota as a member of the Big Sky to our schedule, people would like it; we have them starting this year, but they are no longer a member of the Big Sky. We have and away game at Samford (with no guaranteed return), which most people are questioning if we could defeat them, when we should "stomp" on them. So you have 3 of the top-5 teams in the nation + 2 more than should be top-10, but will definitely be top-20. How many other programs have 5 top-20 teams on their schedule? None unless we happen slide in the top-20 or someone our schedule is playing an FBS top-20 team.

I am a fan. I want HOME games I do not care who they are against. I tailgate from the second the lots open until they tell me to leave. I think that I have missed 3 home games in the past 35-years ...one (years ago) for my grandson's birth day, one for his first-birthday the following year ...and one last year, when I had surgery. I actually did make it to the tailgate lots after my surgery, I just could not walk up to the game. For the 1st-birthday, I missed the game, but was able to tailgate in the morning.

I mean we just lost to Butler and we are talking about a tougher OOC opponent. Besides, the Ivy is a much stronger conference than the NEC or Pioneer. Give it a rest.  Tell you what, when we have our 3rd championship in 3-years, then I "may" wish to talk heavier schedule.

--- End quote ---

Yes these same old yearly discussions are really getting old. You have explained it many times, not sure if people do not get it or just like complaining.

I also am excited about 7 home games. I go to the games to see YSU play no matter who the opponent is.

Yea we lost to Butler and they deserved to win, but it is over and it does no good to keep harping on it. Sorry we do not have a money game this year as the money is needed. Good point that as hard as our league is, why make the OOC harder then it needs to be.

Did not see that ND is joining, if so how long until we get the OVC treatment.

ytownchief22:
It's a joke and always will be. 3 weenies.

YSU1:
better hope we barbecue those weenies or it will be another long year with few people in the stands.

ysuseasonticket:
I'd love to see a William & Mary or a Lehigh on the schedule, or even an Ivy with a 2 year home/away contract.

I am so tired of the OOC garbage schedule Strollo forces us to watch year after year after year after year.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version