YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2019 YSU FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

<< < (5/5)

Wick250:
We are not playing five league games at home and three on the road.  Whoever assembled that schedule made a typing error.  The UNI game is on the road, and not an especially favorable place to start the league schedule.

2000YSU:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 16, 2019, 03:34:44 PM ---We are not playing five league games at home and three on the road.  Whoever assembled that schedule made a typing error.  The UNI game is on the road, and not an especially favorable place to start the league schedule.

--- End quote ---
You are correct Wick. I apologize for the mistake. It is fixed.

YsuPride:
Duquesne was a playoff team last year so it's a pretty good game. Howard played 2 FBS schools fairly close last year. Samford is a good game they will be loaded for next year. Robert Morris game sucks. We better win at least eight games

Kandrase:
TBH i've really changed my tune on this. Since we don't need a great OOC schedule to make the playoffs, we just need to finish basically at the top third of our conference, I'm a fan of playing as easy opponents as possible, that way we can pull starters early and stay healthy. The MVFC schedule is a war of attrition, and the more fresh we can be heading in the better I think.

Sure, it's kind of boring to see a blowout, but it's also fun to watch your team put up big points and make plays even if it's not against the best teams in the country.

go guins:
I agree with Kandrase.  We give the voters on the playoffs too much credit for analyzing schedules.  When we are 7-5 you are going to be out, and 8-4 probably gets you in and nobody looks at that point was one of the losses to OSU or Butler.  Wins are wins, loses are loses.  You can't play all your OOC schedule against cupcakes, because they need to be high quality scrimmages, but you have to get ready for the MVFC not beat up before league play starts.   Samford and Howard should be good games for getting ready, then what SHOULD(DAMN the Butler game) be tuneups for starting the MVFC.  I still think this might be our best home schedule ever!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version