Author Topic: Pelini Contract  (Read 15450 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Pelini Contract
« on: January 05, 2019, 09:53:21 AM »
Word is Bo signed a 3 year contract with YSU. 

THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pelini Contract
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 04:12:23 PM »
Yep he likes it here... Yay.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 09:15:26 PM »
It doesn't matter who the head coach is going forward because some of our assistants are just that bad. We lack the players offensively to have a good year in 2019..It will be ugly in conference play..Hopefully we can go 2-1 in our cupcake non conference schedule
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 09:32:37 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 09:31:46 PM »
I don’t understand wth is going on with the FB program.  Strollo should have demanded we get some better asst. coaches.  So Youngstown to go with the homer and accept mediocrity.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 11:31:32 PM »
I don’t understand wth is going on with the FB program.  Strollo should have demanded we get some better asst. coaches.  So Youngstown to go with the homer and accept mediocrity.

Pelini wants his hometown boys. Doesn't wanna pay. Same as in Nebraska.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 10:42:24 AM »
Is TRESS ok with this.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »
Apparently winning is not a priority of Mr. Strollo, the administration or the big money backers.  Until this changes we will continue to be a mid level FCS team. 

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
I see these opinions all the time.  I think people need to accept the reality that YSU in particular and Youngstown and area in general are short on capitol.  YSU is doing the best they can with limited resources.  One might argue that these limited resources should be allocated differently, but they are limited.  It would be nice if the basketball arena could be updated, if we could add more sports, if we could fund minor sports more, and if downtown Youngstown could be updated and expanded.  We just do not have the funds or people in the community with those funds.  Look at Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Akron Canton, and you see more prosperity. Don't blame the President or Athletic Director for a lack of funds.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 12:45:06 PM »
Winning consistently will bring funds.  YSU is a football school and football is all that matters.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 12:58:21 PM »
Downtown is definitely picking up. Strollo and Tressel have done a good job updating and building new facilities. Campus by this time next year will look completely different than 10, heck even 5 years ago. Football is the big money maker though and if this program doesn't consistently win, it sets things back.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »
It doesn't matter who the head coach is going forward because some of our assistants are just that bad. We lack the players offensively to have a good year in 2019..It will be ugly in conference play..Hopefully we can go 2-1 in our cupcake non conference schedule

Agreed!  Have to upgrade the assistant coaching and coordinators.  I wonder if we will have a spring game this year so we can get a look at some of the talent, especially at QB?  I am more pessimistic than optimistic at this time.

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 07:20:04 PM »
You still have to recruit quality football players.  It does not seem like we are doing that. We could not beat a 4-7 non scholarship Butler team.
Since 2000 we have been to the play-offs only 3 times.  Why is this acceptable.
And we wasted a year on a senior transfer qb.  Why did we not try the younger kids to see what we have at quarterback.  We were losing anyway.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:42:56 PM by YSU1 »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 10:06:04 AM »
https://www.cornnation.com/2019/1/12/18178792/bo-pelini-is-staying-at-youngstown-state-for-a-reason

The comments at the end of the article...the Nebraska fans still have hatred for him that is seething to this day. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:13:06 AM by peteonastick »
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 05:56:37 PM »
We all knew Bo was staying. He wants his kids to all graduate from Mooney. He will sign a 3 year deal and then leave once that contract expires.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 06:44:00 PM »
I do not necessarily agree Chief. I think he sees what one Jim Tressel accomplished right out of YSU and hopes for a similar result. I do not think he came for any other reason. I do think he expected it a bit sooner than than it will come though.