Author Topic: YSU men’s Basketball game vs Binghamton or whoever it is  (Read 5230 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU men’s Basketball game vs Binghamton or whoever it is
« on: December 15, 2018, 02:28:41 PM »
I haven’t watched a game and 2 years and I put it in today.   We look bad.  We can’t shoot.  We look like a play ground pick up team.  I don’t see one player that is truly a Div 1 starter.  I won’t be watching again!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU men’s Basketball game vs Binghamton or whoever it is
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »
I haven’t watched a game and 2 years and I put it in today.   We look bad.  We can’t shoot.  We look like a play ground pick up team.  I don’t see one player that is truly a Div 1 starter.  I won’t be watching again!

Up 26-17 at half and played badly.    I guess YSUGO will not be commenting since he won't be watching anymore.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 04:09:06 PM »
Nope the team they are playing sucks.  It’s not worth my time watching bad basketball being played. Maybe in another 2 years I will watch!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 04:22:21 PM »
Give us some credit today. They did seem to address a couple of issues. Bighampton seemed to be our equal, but we played better than expected.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 04:58:58 PM »
2 bad teams.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 05:13:21 PM »
I hope u guys are right. Let’s see how we stack up in the league.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 11:06:26 PM »
I thought it was a great defensive effort.  Played a clean game and took care of the ball as well.  Even though the final score was only 10-point win, it felt like 20-point victory.  Controlled the entire game- something that we really don't do much of.  We still struggle finishing at the hoop.  Seemed like countless put backs missed.  It's really something YSU struggles with every game that needs to improve to win more consistently.

It was nice to see Noe have a good game.  I'd like to see him get more mins.  He's much improved over last season.  Covington continues to play well game in and game out.  Naz had another 10+ rebound game. 

Tuesday will be tough against Ohio State, but the nonetheless we won 2 Division I non-conference games this year compared to none last year in addition to having the opportunity to win several others.  Not only did YSU fail to win a Division I non-conference game last year, all but 2 we were 13 or more point losses.  I feel a lot better than last year with more talent & athleticism heading into conference play.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 10:00:56 AM »
Nope the team they are playing sucks.  It’s not worth my time watching bad basketball being played. Maybe in another 2 years I will watch!

Your opinions usually suck as you know less about sports than my 6-year-old daughter, so what's your point?

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
In this game I agree the competition was not great.  We didn't just come down the court and shoot wild 3's all the time and then press and give up open 3's or layups.  And we at least tried to play half court defense. Our players are athletic and reasonably long and tall, but only Covington seems to be able to score from multiple areas on the floor and play defense. Our best player in my opinion. Naz is a great rebounder, but not strong offensively. Most the remaining players are hot and cold and we rarely get inside driving to the basket or passing to the post.  And with that can't really score with our limited shooting ability.  That may improve as we try to get the basket.  There is hope if we play to our players real ability, not their perceived ability.