Author Topic: fcs play-offs  (Read 12972 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
fcs play-offs
« on: December 15, 2018, 09:56:55 AM »
just give the trophy to the Bison.  They play at another level.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: fcs play-offs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »
just give the trophy to the Bison.  They play at another level.

I don't think changing coaches will hurt them much. Losing their Sr QB might, but I doubt it. They are just so sound.

I bet whatever coach they hire doesn't mind recruiting haha. They have 3 FR QB just waiting. All 6'3" they know what they like and just reload.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 11:32:36 AM »
I am surprised that NDSt hasn't moved up to the FBS level, they would make a lot more money. They would not dominate the FBS level like they do the FCS level, but they would get into FBS bowls maybe some high paying ones.

So. Dakota St. is a good team, but NDSt controlled the offense and their defense is vey good.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 11:43:57 AM »
They have nothing to prove at FCS.  I think they would have to build a new Stadium. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 01:26:42 PM »
I am surprised that NDSt hasn't moved up to the FBS level, they would make a lot more money. They would not dominate the FBS level like they do the FCS level, but they would get into FBS bowls maybe some high paying ones.

So. Dakota St. is a good team, but NDSt controlled the offense and their defense is vey good.

Not sure about that. I know some teams have lost money on lesser bowl games. I’m sure they make plenty of return on investment with all the publicity they receive as a powerhouse in FCS.

If I were a NDSU fan I’d rather dominate in FCS than become irrelevant in FBS.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 02:28:16 PM »
All I know is we are a long way from that level of play.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »

Not sure about that. I know some teams have lost money on lesser bowl games. I’m sure they make plenty of return on investment with all the publicity they receive as a powerhouse in FCS.

If I were a NDSU fan I’d rather dominate in FCS than become irrelevant in FBS.

Yeah I agree. A playoff run and a National title are a lot more fun. Georgia Southern and App State both had very good seasons. And their reward? They're playing in bowl games that I neither know when they are played or what they are called. How glamorous.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 04:07:28 PM »
You guys are in the LaLa land of make believe that an FCS championship run is better than moving up.  Ask Boise St how it worked for them. Other than your teams fans nobody cares about FCS football. The Bison could pull it off like Boise did.  I don’t see many of the BCS teams wanting to drop down for a championship run!  It’s about exposure not minor football championships.  As for the costs of the football program I think the students are footing most of the bill to pay for football at YSU.   If that was taken away we would be another Butler. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »
I cannot remember if I have seen a run play today. Maine has a great QB, but if your offense is being stopped by EWU, they obviously have no talent around him. EWU has no chance against NDSU. Although they have big play receivers on both sides this year. They did not have that against us 2-years ago.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 04:58:44 PM »
I cannot remember if I have seen a run play today. Maine has a great QB, but if your offense is being stopped by EWU, they obviously have no talent around him. EWU has no chance against NDSU. Although they have big play receivers on both sides this year. They did not have that against us 2-years ago.

Not true lol. EWU had Cooper Kupp who's now with the Rams and Kendrick Bourne now with the 49ers. Both of them had almost 200 yards receiving vs us.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 06:27:13 PM »
You guys are in the LaLa land of make believe that an FCS championship run is better than moving up.  Ask Boise St how it worked for them. Other than your teams fans nobody cares about FCS football. The Bison could pull it off like Boise did.  I don’t see many of the BCS teams wanting to drop down for a championship run!  It’s about exposure not minor football championships.  As for the costs of the football program I think the students are footing most of the bill to pay for football at YSU.   If that was taken away we would be another Butler.

NDSU would not be a “BCS” team they’d go to a group of 5 conference. Also Idaho dropped from FBS to FCS

ytowngirl

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 10:26:33 AM »
I wonder if they built a bigger stadium, obviously a dome, would they have the fans to fill it.  If they moved up it would almost guarantee losses.  Probably something they don't want to do.  Keep the brand hot until it's not.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »
their enrollment is less than YSU so I doubt they can draw big numbers

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »
Watched the last 2 NDSU games.  What impresses me most is that they really don't have supper athletes at most positions, but to they play so fundamentally sound!  Tackles in space by their db's is outstanding compared to our play.  It is like our team is not fundamentally sound in many areas including tackling. I don't know how may times our number 7 is in space and beaten on a tackle. Maybe NDSU players are better athletes, but to me they don't look it compared to our players.  If we did a standard speed agility test like the NFL Combine, I think many times our guys are better.  But not on the football field.  At least my opinion.  It is like our coaching does not do enough to get our players fundamentally sound in blocking and tackling.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »
They also have a pretty good quarterback and the guy before him was pretty good.