Author Topic: Football Recruiting  (Read 49323 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Football Recruiting
« on: December 08, 2018, 11:25:54 PM »
Just an update on where our football recruiting sits so far:

Plenty of JUCO offers going out right now for OL/DL.DB. Here is the list of commits so far.

Gianni Rizzo- 6-2, 215 LB/WR- Norwin, PA- Had offers from Akron, Eastern Kentucky among others.

Jayvon Thrift- 5-11, 190 Safety- Norwin, PA- Had offers from Pitt, Syracuse, WVU, IU among others.

Ray Williams- 5-9, 180 DB- Detroit, MI

Jelani Stafford- 6-2, 265 DL/RB- Coal Center, PA- Had offer from Buffalo.

D'Marco Augustin- 6-2, 190 Safety- Lake Worth, FL

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 01:12:00 PM »
Jordan White 6'2 185 lb. FS/WR- Havre de Grace Md

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
Yes, forgot him. Thanks!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 03:41:28 PM »
 That is what I figured just to kind of specialty crap that we do not need. We need meat and potatoes

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
That is what I figured just to kind of specialty crap that we do not need. We need meat and potatoes

That 265lb RB sounds right up your alley IAA.  :afro:

There's the thunder we've been missing lol.

I'm guessing they are looking at him for DT?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 04:34:35 PM »

That 265lb RB sounds right up your alley IAA.  :afro:

There's the thunder we've been missing lol.

I'm guessing they are looking at him for DT?

Yes. Recruited as a DL but he is pretty nimble lol.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 08:41:12 AM »
  Mark Waid, QB from Girard also coming to YSU.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 05:53:56 PM »
  Mark Waid, QB from Girard also coming to YSU.

I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.  Is that your opinion, or did you get that info from someone you deem to be a reliable source?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 08:30:05 PM »
Staff is really on Waid to flip and sign here. Also on his WR Nick Maltio. Gave him an offer recently.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 09:33:31 AM »
Looks like nothing has changed. Do we even know how to recruit a "team"? No line, no RB's. Initially, I thought it was because the media does not wish to cover the big guys, but I don't think that is it. Certainly a runniinb back would be a top mention (maybe behind QB).

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 11:13:00 AM »
Just an update on where our football recruiting sits so far:

Plenty of JUCO offers going out right now for OL/DL.DB. Here is the list of commits so far.

Gianni Rizzo- 6-2, 215 LB/WR- Norwin, PA- Had offers from Akron, Eastern Kentucky among others.

Jayvon Thrift- 5-11, 190 Safety- Norwin, PA- Had offers from Pitt, Syracuse, WVU, IU among others.

Ray Williams- 5-9, 180 DB- Detroit, MI

Jelani Stafford- 6-2, 265 DL/RB- Coal Center, PA- Had offer from Buffalo.

D'Marco Augustin- 6-2, 190 Safety- Lake Worth, FL
Don't give up on Jelani Stafford's career as a RB until you watch his HUDL highlights!  Seriously, he could have a 2 way career as a short yardage RB along with DT.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
Wonder where he is going?

DALLAS — Beaver Local senior Garrett Givens will be playing in the annual Blue-Grey All-American Bowl on Monday at AT&T Stadium.

“It’s a great honor to be selected to a national bowl game where I will be able to represent my school and area in Dallas Cowboys stadium,” Givens said. “I believe it would be great to wrap up my senior season with a win.”

Givens, a 6-foot-2, 225-pounder, will be an inside linebacker for the East squad wearing No. 32.

He was selected as one of the top 90 senior high school football players out of 6,750 who competed at the Blue-Grey All-American combines.

Givens has been a four-year starter for the Beavers and three-year captain for the Beavers. He collected more than 350 career tackles, including 101 this season along with 806 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns.

The Beaver Local standout was nominated for the three-day event, by former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Byron Evans.

Givens will be featured during a national media dinner, where he will meet with 24/7 Sports, USA Today, Rivals and the Impact Football Network on the first night.

Practices will be held Saturday and Sunday at South Grand Prairie High.

The game will be carried by the New Impact Football Network with the kickoff scheduled for 7 p.m.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 12:09:38 PM »

I could make a pretty good guess where he isn't going!

ytowngirl

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 04:09:54 PM »

DALLAS — Beaver Local senior Garrett Givens will be playing in the annual Blue-Grey All-American Bowl on Monday at AT&T Stadium.

“It’s a great honor to be selected to a national bowl game where I will be able to represent my school and area in Dallas Cowboys stadium,” Givens said. “I believe it would be great to wrap up my senior season with a win.”

Givens, a 6-foot-2, 225-pounder, will be an inside linebacker for the East squad wearing No. 32.

He was selected as one of the top 90 senior high school football players out of 6,750 who competed at the Blue-Grey All-American combines.

Givens has been a four-year starter for the Beavers and three-year captain for the Beavers. He collected more than 350 career tackles, including 101 this season along with 806 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns.

The Beaver Local standout was nominated for the three-day event, by former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Byron Evans.

Givens will be featured during a national media dinner, where he will meet with 24/7 Sports, USA Today, Rivals and the Impact Football Network on the first night.

Practices will be held Saturday and Sunday at South Grand Prairie High.

The game will be carried by the New Impact Football Network with the kickoff scheduled for 7 p.m.

It looks like he doesn't have any offers.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:55:50 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »

It looks like he doesn't have any offers.
Just the kind of player my daughter would like!  (she doesn't care of they can play, it's how they look.  Her favorite NFL player? Brady Quinn)