Author Topic: What is up? Why no announcement on keeping Pelini?  (Read 10710 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
What is up? Why no announcement on keeping Pelini?
« on: December 05, 2018, 02:48:30 PM »
Anybody here anything and are we going with the same assistants?
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: What is up? Why no announcement on keeping Pelini?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »
Great question

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:38:07 PM »
Everybody know, Bo gotta go.
Joe Cool

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 09:55:58 AM »
  Pelini will be back.  YSU won't fire him, although I think they would like him to go.  Pelini has had two losing seasons here, another 6-5, and no one is knocking down his door for a head coaching position.

His brother will likely be looking for work, so Bo can employ him again if he wants.  Shane Montgomery also out with the rest of the staff at Charlotte.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:15:31 AM »
  Pelini will be back.  YSU won't fire him, although I think they would like him to go.  Pelini has had two losing seasons here, another 6-5, and no one is knocking down his door for a head coaching position.

His brother will likely be looking for work, so Bo can employ him again if he wants.  Shane Montgomery also out with the rest of the staff at Charlotte.
We could really use Carl back.  D really never hit any stride all season.  I still thing there is a big disconnect of styles between Bo and Shane, and THAT return would be a huge mistake.  I'm not saying Montgomery is wrong, or Bo is wrong, but the head coach and OC need to be on the same page and these two were not.  Hue Jackson and Todd Haley were not in Cleveland and Williams and Kitchen are, anybody notice a difference? 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 10:55:51 AM »
According to Vindy Carl to stay at BG.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 03:54:13 PM »
Shane Montgomery also out with the rest of the staff at Charlotte.

The assistants were retained until the new coach came on board.  He was supposed to meet with them today.  Shane could be retained, because the new guy wants to run the spread.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 04:08:39 PM »
Shane Montgomery also out with the rest of the staff at Charlotte.

The assistants were retained until the new coach came on board.  He was supposed to meet with them today.  Shane could be retained, because the new guy wants to run the spread.
Healy is going to do great things at UNC Charlotte.  I wish Shane the best.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 11:19:47 PM »
BG is keeping Carl as DC. Bo is going to stay.. And ruin the program some more.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 10:27:19 AM »
I just don’t see how he can stay from a financial perspective, he’s going to drop from making 3 million per year to 250k. That’s massive. He can take a coordinator position at a power 5 school and at least make 500k or get a head coaching job in the Mac and make similar. I just don’t know how he leaves that much money on the table to stay at Youngstown.

And I know we’re down on him, but don’t think for a minute they a p5 school wouldn’t want him as a d coordinator. And a MAC school would love to have him as head coach.

Personally I think we haven’t heard anything because he’s interviewing for jobs currently

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 02:00:20 PM »
  It s a lock that Pelini is staying.   He is old news, I know some of you don't see this.   Other than one year out of four, he has been a disappointment at YSU.  Also, he is miserable and a pain to deal with.  I will also say there will be little if no change on his staff, his arrogance is that he knows more than anyone else, and doesn't see his staff is in over their head.

He might be able to land a big time D coordinator job, but he can't get a head coaching job, period at the FBS level.

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 06:14:11 PM »
I subscribe to the Athletic. They do a profile of all FBS coaching vacancies along with potential candidates. So far the actual hires have come from their list of candidates. The writer seems very well connected. Pelini has not been mentioned in terms of any vacancy despite general ten or so candidates. The openings are filled with young up and comers or coaches with obvious direct connections to the places in question.  The parade may have passed him by plus he has alot of baggage. Universities dont want off the field trouble.

ytowngirl

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 08:31:43 PM »
Nebraska would take him back in a heart beat.  They have sucked since he left.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »
Nebraska would take him back in a heart beat.  They have sucked since he left.

That's not true at all lol. They hate Pelini and they have Frost now who will have that program turned around in 2 years.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 08:40:45 AM »
  Nebraska would have nothing to do with Pelini.  He will sign a 3-year contract with YSU, and look for brother Carl to return.  Yes, Bowling Green kept him as D coordinator, but with a pay cut, and Carl thought he should have been named their head coach.   

Pelini's days as a big time head coach are over.  Three of his four years at YSU:  5-6, 6-5, 4-7, and the worst loss in school history to Butler.  Because of the old boy network he could land a big time d coordinator position.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:15:14 AM by YSUFANSINCE1990 »