Author Topic: ILS In-Game thread  (Read 6204 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
ILS In-Game thread
« on: November 17, 2018, 01:10:00 PM »
Already shoulder tackles and blown assignments on D

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ILS In-Game thread
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 02:43:45 PM »
How about those 2 field goals?  :afro:

Where's that been the past 2 years?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »
Typical Pelini defense ...no ability to stop any team that can run

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 04:16:44 PM »
Coaches stink. Half these players aren’t D1 caliber.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
Does anybody really think that Mays is the future QB of this team?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »
Does anybody really think that Mays is the future QB of this team?

Only one person on this board. Mays never was THE guy.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 05:46:23 PM »
Some changes coming.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 06:08:33 PM »
Craycraft should have been worked into some games this year especially when the season was lost

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 06:19:07 PM »
Craycraft should have been worked into some games this year especially when the season was lost

He's not the answer either.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 11:50:36 PM »
Chief. I am what you talk about & I never said Mays was the answer ...only that he deserves a fair chance that was never given. I further acknowledge VG's superior passing skills. It was clear 2 years ago that Mays was not going to get that & therefore ...not the answer. You cannot take a guy in and out, then alter your offense not once, but twice, then expect miracles. Then again, we expected miracles from an untested fifth-year transfer.  All of this being said, Mays deserved his starting role this year and again did not get it. VG's passing skills were figured out in the first or second quarter of every game (including Butler) and our lines are not strong & deep enough for a drop-back QB ...which is also what doomed Wells in his last year. We lacked so many things. We also lack an impactful running game and can thank God that McCaster improved so much this year. That being said, he always has been more of a FB, than a TB ... just has no explosiveness. Thunder never works without lightning. Did anyone see any Jody Webb on the field this year?

You say changes are coming but I do not see it. We changed this year and last, only to once again pull coach Shane's play book out of the foot-locker. It was too late and we lack the power to be successful with them. Again this year, every team in the MFC exposed the weaknesses of the Pelini brother's defenses. We should have sent this Redbird team into the locker room with a huge defeat today. They did not even convert a 3rd-dowm play until the end of the 3rd-quarter. Yet they ran big play after big play and ysu was embarrassingly helpless against it. We brought absolutely no pressure and the ILS QB had all day. There were no breakups, only bad throws stopping the birds passing game today. Up front on defense we had no answer for a team with two backs. ILS brought in 5 different TB's against us  ...yet never changed formations and and ripped us apart with everyone of those 5. I am tired of seeing athletes that have potential, I wish to see football players. It wasn't until last week, when I heard Bo yell at the D "no more shoulder tackles" that I realized we were truly in week-10 with fundamentally unskilled (or at least untrained) players. SO whether it is recruiting or coaching, this staff has to accept blame and do something about it.

Just a season that I am glad is over.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:55:05 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 12:04:56 AM »
When’s the last time we had a losing season? This has to be the worst season in at least a decade probabaly a lot more. Is this or worst season since the 90s run?

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 12:08:12 AM »
When’s the last time we had a losing season? This has to be the worst season in at least a decade probabaly a lot more. Is this or worst season since the 90s run?

Never mind, I’m dumb. Forgot 2015 was 5-6. Also 2010 was 3-8... yikes, must have blocked it out of my memory.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »
No you make a great point Kandrase, we should expect bad seasons. However, this one is so disappointing because we have no single thing to point to that needs corrected. On offense we started out as a big-12 team this season and were eaten up in conference. I do not know what our defense is, I guess it is a hybrid Big-12. However, we saw all season how we lacked line depth and strength and yesterday confirmed we have no speed either.