Author Topic: U.N.I. Game week  (Read 19970 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
U.N.I. Game week
« on: November 06, 2018, 06:59:51 PM »
https://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-football-panthers-eye-next-step-toward-playoffs/article_f51f67f2-87ad-5d2c-906d-3fe7bfa5e8f1.html First off I want to wish all the Seniors good luck in their finally home game and for all your hard work and dedication over the years. Even though this isn't the season you or the fans would have hoped for you can all lift your head up high. 2016 was a run that will never be forgotten anytime soon. U.N.I. looks like a very sound and fundamental team in all three phases of the game. What stands out to me is their victory over South Dakota State..shutting out Indiana St. When RB Keys was healthy and their victory over Illinois St. When both teams needed a win. Defensively they are right up there with N.D.S. The Bison were able to rush for 344 yards against them so the first thing we need to do is break out the tape and see how that happened.  The million dollar question is will we play like we did in Fargo or go back to our old ways? Weather on Saturday will be in our favor especially with a dome team coming to town..Go Guins!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: U.N.I. Game week
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:24:15 PM »
People still care ?

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »
I think the Butler loss helped to deflate what little interest there was.  At least no one is talking about possibly making the play-offs.  That ended with the Butler game too.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 09:44:43 AM »
People still care ?
"care" yes, "optimistic" no.  "curious to see some of the kids"  YES
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »
People still care ?

Of course. Have had worse seasons & I have never missed a game. The aggravation here is that we now know that much of the changes need to come in the off-season. Also much of the issue is is at (or missing from) the top. As a fan, looking at what we need to do is very exciting.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 10:31:42 AM »
I hate UNI.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »
Mays took the majority of the snaps last week.  Does Craycraft get the majority this week?  I'd also like to see someone else get some reps at left tackle.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 12:34:31 PM »
We dont have any tackles that are starters.  This was a concern at the end of camp and unfortunately the play of the tackles has been mediocre
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
http://amp.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/josh-kendall-blog/article221280400.html When Eric Wolford was fired we also lost a very good recruiter for the offensive line. With the exception of Wiggins all have graduated. Bo did a nice job with bringing in Vitas to stabilize the middle, but hasn't been able to fill the voids elsewhere across the front. Congratulations to Wolford for his nomination for top assistant coach in college football

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 04:12:10 PM »
The 3 biggest factors for dismal attendance are all in play tomorrow.
bad weather - temp around 30 with wind chill of 20
no playoffs - 3-6 record
OSU game - same start time and must win against Coach D

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
The 3 biggest factors for dismal attendance are all in play tomorrow.
bad weather - temp around 30 with wind chill of 20
no playoffs - 3-6 record
OSU game - same start time and must win against Coach D

Wow. A perfect storm for a low turn out. Damn shame.

Damoun Patterson looks to have signed with the Pats, if anyone cares. I didn't see a point in starting a whole thread about it.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 05:38:43 PM »
Well I thought the Indiana St. crowd was very small. With it being senior day maybe more friends and family members will go. The wind might gust up to 35 m.p.h. so that could affect the UNI passing and kicking game, could be in our favor. Happy for Damoun and I think this could be more then just a practice squad body. Even with the addition of Gordon the Patriots still lack that big play threat for Brady that can get downfield and behind defenders on the deep ball..Patterson could be that guy!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:55:29 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 06:47:15 PM »
Well, I will make it to the game. I hope the boys will play a good game for us who will be sitting in the terrible weather.
I thought the Steelers were high on Patterson. But, it is a number game since they have many good receivers.
If he signs with NE, he might be able to hook up with Rivers. Does any one know why Rivers has not played a game yet. Is he hurt again or is he not good enough?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 07:34:55 PM »
Rivers has not been placed on the injured reserve all season. Some games he is listed as active, other games he is not. When he is active he only plays a couple of snaps defensively. One game he had a considerable amount with 15 plays. Some people think that his knee might not be fully recovered..Belichick as we all know works in mysterious ways so it's really hard to say if he's holding Rivers back for one reason or another, maybe he is not the same player prior to the injury
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:40:27 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 11:10:16 PM »
Over/under 500 people in the crowd ?