Author Topic: YSU FOOTBALL MOVING FORWARD  (Read 3047 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU FOOTBALL MOVING FORWARD
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »
  This may be a better topic for next week after the season, but here goes.  On the radio broadcast last Satruday and on the Dan Rivers show this week, Bob Hannon and Ed Muransky said it is close to 100% that Bo Pelini will return next year.  They are both close the program, they know something.

That being said, this football program is broken.  If that is true, then YSU and Pelini should announce an extension on Monday.  Recruits are making their decisions now, and most make their college choice on who the coach is.   We will get buried in recruiting if this continues for months.  Our young talent is not that good, YSU needs a great recruiting class.   If Pelini doesn't agree to be the face of recruiting and get out there to close deals, then YSU needs to move on and find a new coach.  I have always thought he was an average head coach, and a great D coordinator.  I think he will be back, what are his options?  He came here I believe to revive his career, and it has gone the other way, his stock as a head coach has gone through the basement.

Pelini needs to address his staff issues.  Brian Crist mismanaged this offense all year.  Last week was the first game plan that made sense, get the ball to McCaster.  He had 8 carries vs ND ST.

The program has become irrelevant locally, other than the most loyal fans.  Look at the crowds, maybe 1000 the last two games.

I could go on and on, but lastly how do you lose to Butler? 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:03:23 AM by YSUFANSINCE1990 »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU FOOTBALL MOVING FORWARD
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 10:25:01 AM »
Bo thinks everything is fine and dandy and it's the players faults. I would expect some players to leave in the off season. Bo is a good defensive coach, not a head coach. His antics get real tiring after awhile.